Topics

Not recognised.

Robert Moldenhauer

Hi,

I just received a thumbdv and tried to set it up. I plug in into a Windows 10 desktop. It appears as a serial port on COM4 with a baud rate of 9600. I run BlueDV, it doesn't see the stick. I go into device manager and change the baud rate of the port to match BlueDV. Still doesn't see the stick. I try a Windows 10 Laptop. Same story. I try a Mac, buster doesn't see the stick. Does NW Digital test these things before they send them out? Is there something obvious I am missing?

Robert

Fritz

This is the first paragraph from the support page at NWDR: http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/
(there is more online).....

Windows Users (ThumbDV™)
When you plug in the ThumbDV it should appear as a new serial port under Device Manager, note which COM port it is on, and remember new ThumbDV™ are at 460800 baud (older models are at 230400). There is a very simple test program for verifying operation under Windows.  It can be found at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/files/  — it is called ThumbTest.exe

Yes, the units are tested before shipping, but no process is 100%. It is very rare that a unit reaches the field and is not working properly.  (In fact, failure rate in testing is extremely low.)

As Fritz documented, there is a test program, please give it a try.

Your ThumbDV is covered by a satisfaction guaranteed warranty.  If it is found to be defective, we apologize, and if so, please contact sales@... for warranty coverage.

Be advised that this week is Hamvention, and the response may require a little longer to process due to travel.

BlueDV setup is documented in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291k3VxJCv0

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 7:23 AM, Fritz via Groups.Io <fritzsheeter@...> wrote:
This is the first paragraph from the support page at NWDR: http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/
(there is more online).....

Windows Users (ThumbDV™)
When you plug in the ThumbDV it should appear as a new serial port under Device Manager, note which COM port it is on, and remember new ThumbDV™ are at 460800 baud (older models are at 230400). There is a very simple test program for verifying operation under Windows.  It can be found at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/files/  — it is called ThumbTest.exe
_._,_._,_

Director

Michael Ash

Yes you are missing the driver. go to garage and download the driver.  You can also download BlueDV server and BlueDV Ambe and use yourThumbdv  on an android phone from anywhere.  Check it out

Michael G. Ash  E-mail: mgash@...
4 Woodmere Knoll, Meriden, CT 06450-2555 USA
Tel. 203-634-1883  Fax: 860-924-0469 Cell: 860-798-5700
The world's best warranty is an unpaid bill.