Topics

ThumbDV with GnuRadio

Tom AC2IE has built a GNU radio block for D-STAR using the ThumbDV.

Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH

Does the GnuRadio block work with a PiDV hat as well?

Short answer: I have no idea. I don't have a PiDV. If it's on a serial port and can do 230400 or 460800 baud, then maybe.

Are you trying to run gnuradio on a Pi? I'm not sure that's going to work very well, especially if you want any kind of reasonable bandwidth to/from you rf sink or source.

Yes the PiDV is a serial device at 230400 -- though with the ThumbDV sale right now, it might be the better buy?

I'll leave to others, their experience with GNUradio on Pi 3, but I believe that it works.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Tom Early <ac2ie@...> wrote:

Short answer: I have no idea. I don't have a PiDV. If it's on a serial port and can do 230400 or 460800 baud, then maybe.

Are you trying to run gnuradio on a Pi? I'm not sure that's going to work very well, especially if you want any kind of reasonable bandwidth to/from you rf sink or source.

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223