Topics

How to return ThumbDV to original state after having modified USB Descriptor in FTProg

TG9AOR

Do I need to modify the USB descriptor on my ThumbDV to use it as originally sold to me instead of being used for the ambed program for xlxd?

If so, what is the original value I need to put into USB String Descriptor?

Thanks

TG9AOR

No ambeserver does not look at the string.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 03:53 TG9AOR <qrz@...> wrote:
Do I need to modify the USB descriptor on my ThumbDV to use it as originally sold to me instead of being used for the ambed program for xlxd?

If so, what is the original value I need to put into USB String Descriptor?

Thanks

TG9AOR

As far as I know ambed is the only program that looks. For the string.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 07:41 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
No ambeserver does not look at the string.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 03:53 TG9AOR <qrz@...> wrote:
Do I need to modify the USB descriptor on my ThumbDV to use it as originally sold to me instead of being used for the ambed program for xlxd?

If so, what is the original value I need to put into USB String Descriptor?

Thanks

TG9AOR

Shuji Chiba

Hello TG9AOR,

When I used the ThumbDV I just bought for AMBED server, I rewrote that ThumbDV Product Description.

Now, the Product Description of ThumbDV is not restored, but it works without any problems with BlueDV for Windows.

The procedure to rewrite ThumbDV Product Description is as

http://hamradio.dip.jp/ja3gqj/

If you want to restore ThumbDV Product Description, I hope it will be helpful.

73

Shu JA3GQJ