I want to run BlueDV AMBE Server on Debian.

js3cop@...

I want to run BlueDV AMBE Server on Debian. I operate the reflector and the BlueDV AMBE Server with two raspberries pi. I want to operate these two with one Debian Server. Is this difficult for me? Today I installed the reflector on the Debian Server. After that I can only open various ports to Debian. However, I would like to set up BlueDV AMBE Server on this server. Is this difficult? If BlueDV AMBE works only on raspberry pi, or if the operation becomes unstable, is it better to move the raspberry pi OS virtually on Debian? However, I think that this plan is difficult because the OS of raspberry pi with BlueDV AMBE Server built in is available only with img. Is there a good idea?

There are two Ambeservers that run with BlueDV.

Original AMBEserver is for Linux -- a quick build instruction is at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/AMBEserver-Addendum#Quick-Build-on-Linux
The author of BlueDV, created a version for Windows -- See http://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV-AMBEServer/

You can run AMBEserver on the network and access it from other programs over UDP.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 1:05 PM <js3cop@...> wrote:
I want to run BlueDV AMBE Server on Debian. I operate the reflector and the BlueDV AMBE Server with two raspberries pi. I want to operate these two with one Debian Server. Is this difficult for me? Today I installed the reflector on the Debian Server. After that I can only open various ports to Debian. However, I would like to set up BlueDV AMBE Server on this server. Is this difficult? If BlueDV AMBE works only on raspberry pi, or if the operation becomes unstable, is it better to move the raspberry pi OS virtually on Debian? However, I think that this plan is difficult because the OS of raspberry pi with BlueDV AMBE Server built in is available only with img. Is there a good idea?

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Shuji Chiba

Hello Jhon,

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge of Linux. But  I am very interested in his question as well.

Once I build AMBEserver with Compass on Raspberry Pi Zero W, it works comfortably.

Does your advice mean that the OS of AMBEserver must be Compass? Is there a way to build AMBEserver with Debian?

73

Shu

JA3GQJ

You should be able to build it on any Linux or Unix system.  Compass is Raspbian which is a version of Debian.

On older Raspbian a special kernel had to be created to support the UDRC's sound chip, which became Compass. This is not a requirement with newer Raspbian Stretch, and not needed at all for the ThumbDV and AMBEserver.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018, 15:05 Shuji Chiba <jo3klssc@...> wrote:

Hello Jhon,

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge of Linux. But  I am very interested in his question as well.

Once I build AMBEserver with Compass on Raspberry Pi Zero W, it works comfortably.

Does your advice mean that the OS of AMBEserver must be Compass? Is there a way to build AMBEserver with Debian?

73

Shu

JA3GQJ

js3cop@...

I found a way to make raspberry pi's Ambe server image with the URL below.
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/home
Basically I think Raspbian is a derivative of Debian, so I can install it in Debian this way.
And what should you do the settings you taught?

js3cop@...

Thank you Jhon,
I am using Debian stretch. Actually I want to make it in CentOS.
I think that Ambe server and reflector will run on CentOS, but I think that it is easier to use Debian.
Because commands etc. are common with Raspbian.

Shuji Chiba

Many thanks John.

I am 76 years old but  have to learn about Linux much much much more. LOL

Shu

[...]

Hallo John,
I downloaded AMBEserver.c. And I compiled it with gcc. I found a.out just under root. I ran it.
I am using DVstick 30, but is this caused by?
root @ debian: ~ #. / a.out
AMBEserver: Starting ...
AMBEserver: Opened serial port / dev / ttyUSB 0 at 230400 bps.
AMBEserver: Could not find start byte in serial data
AMBEserver: error receiving response to reset
AMBEserver: Could not initialize the DV3K!

Thanks

Eric Jarvi

I'm totally new to group and not familiar with this code or dvstick but maybe you have the wrong baud rate?

I saw a similar grinding of the gears at first when using a ThumbDV with BlueDV for windows at the wrong internal baud rate.  The default rate might be defined in the c code you compiled or in some parameter or settings file the a.out executable would accept? If so try editing the code or config file or parameter and using 460800 instead of 230400 for baud rate.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, 2:18 AM <js3cop@...> wrote:
Hallo John,
I downloaded AMBEserver.c. And I compiled it with gcc. I found a.out just under root. I ran it.
I am using DVstick 30, but is this caused by?
root @ debian: ~ #. / a.out
AMBEserver: Starting ...
AMBEserver: Opened serial port / dev / ttyUSB 0 at 230400 bps.
AMBEserver: Could not find start byte in serial data
AMBEserver: error receiving response to reset
AMBEserver: Could not initialize the DV3K!

Thanks

js3cop@...

Thank you Eric,

I used it on raspberry pi.

So I think I can use on debian machine.

I will try editing the code of config file.(may be 460800 is right.)

Thank you

js3cop@...

Hallo Eric,
I understand it by editing /etc/opendv/ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf.

However, the opendv directory does not exist. So I can not edit ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf.

Where is ConfigFile? I generally recognize that there is a configuration file in / etc.

Thanks

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 04:23 <js3cop@...> wrote:
Hallo Eric,
I understand it by editing /etc/opendv/ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf.

However, the opendv directory does not exist. So I can not edit ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf.

Where is ConfigFile? I generally recognize that there is a configuration file in / etc.

Thanks

js3cop@...

Thank you for your advice.
So I installed AMBE Server, but it doesn't run.

root@debian:~# systemctl status ambeserver@...
● ambeserver@... - DV3000 Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ambeserver@.service; enabled; vendor pres
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-09-26 19:42:37 JST; 36s ago
  Process: 7109 ExecStartPre=/bin/chgrp dialout /dev/ttyUSB0 (code=exited, statu

 9月 26 19:42:37 debian systemd[1]: Starting DV3000 Daemon...
 9月 26 19:42:37 debian systemd[7109]: ambeserver@...: Failed at step
 9月 26 19:42:37 debian systemd[1]: ambeserver@...: Control process e
 9月 26 19:42:37 debian systemd[1]: Failed to start DV3000 Daemon.
 9月 26 19:42:37 debian systemd[1]: ambeserver@...: Unit entered fail

Please tell me what to do.