Topics

"... this report of my death was an exaggeration." -- Mark Twain 1897

It was reported to me that someone on the International D-STAR net said that the ThumbDV was going out of production.  THIS IS NOT TRUE.

The ThumbDV is on sale for $99.95 on existing stock. NW Digital Radio is continuing the ThumbDV.  See http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-clearance-sale/ for details.  If you miss the sale, there is no functional difference, but the new batch will be back at full price.

It is best to go the source for information.

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

N9UMJ

Judging by the number you still have on hand.
Don't you mean The Report of my death has been"grossly" exaggerated?

What are the differences between the sale Thumb and the new Thumb that would make.me want to wait and pay full price?

Rick n9umj

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018, 6:13 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

It was reported to me that someone on the International D-STAR net said that the ThumbDV was going out of production.  THIS IS NOT TRUE.

The ThumbDV is on sale for $99.95 on existing stock. NW Digital Radio is continuing the ThumbDV.  See http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-clearance-sale/ for details.  If you miss the sale, there is no functional difference, but the new batch will be back at full price.

It is best to go the source for information.

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Absolutely nothing.  It's a manufacturability change, mostly support parts on the PCB. The functionality and primary chips are the same as the current ThumbDV.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:57 PM N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks John

Just ordered a Draws and GPS

I'll place another order for the Thumb to put on the shelf as a backup and save a few $$

Rick

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018, 7:06 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
[...]

I have one on the shelf to be put to work at home - and the second in
the netbooks go-bag for use on the road. Now if I ever get my
portable Linux 'server' running I'll need yet another.

Bill