Topics

Monitoring AMBESERVER traffic

Tom Corcoran

Is there a terminal command to monitor traffic on the RPi/COMPASS AMBEserver? My server is accessible by a few friends and I’d like to know when the server is being used.

Tnx .... Tom VE3NY

Michael KD5DFB

Good Question! I would like to know too.

On top of Tom's question, does it create a log file ? If so, where?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 10:26 <tcorcoran@... wrote:
Is there a terminal command to monitor traffic on the RPi/COMPASS AMBEserver? My server is accessible by a few friends and I’d like to know when the server is being used.

Tnx .... Tom VE3NY

Not really.  If you wanted to monitor debug output for activity you can use the -x flag to the ambeserver.

AMBEserver is really a stateless daemon, it doesn't track who/what is sending it traffic and there is no session information to know that a user is accessing it.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:29 AM Michael KD5DFB <mhebert1975@...> wrote:
Good Question! I would like to know too.

On top of Tom's question, does it create a log file ? If so, where?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 10:26 <tcorcoran@... wrote:
Is there a terminal command to monitor traffic on the RPi/COMPASS AMBEserver? My server is accessible by a few friends and I’d like to know when the server is being used.

Tnx .... Tom VE3NY

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Tom Corcoran

Tnx John. I appreciate the speedy response.

Tom VE3NY