How to link XLX 299 R to Peanut Using AMBEServer on Raspberry Pi #peanut. #ambe, #anbeserver

Dev 9Y4DG

Good day,
                     Does any one know how the steps to get XLX 299 R on Peanut???

I already have a Raspbery Pi 3B+ running AMBE Server and it has its own hostname and IP address which can be accessed from anywhere on the planet.

This also makes DMR and DSTAR accessible from anywhere.

Thank you for any assistance....Dev, 9Y4DG

Gwen Patton

Do you have an AMBE device connected to that Pi, like a ThumbDV? AMBEServer doesn't work by itself, I don't think. It needs an AMBE chip in a piece of hardware to do the coding and decoding.

Peanut is a VERY limited app that runs on David PA7LIM's servers, on the reflectors he's configured. You can't change them, I don't think. You'd need your own AMBE device on that AMBEServer, and then BlueDV AMBE for Android to connect to it. You can use Peanut without a server of your own, you're just limited to the reflectors and rooms David set up. His servers have AMBE devices on them that handle the part you're missing.

I have a ThumbDV on a Pi running AMBEServer, and BlueDV AMBE on my phone and my Inrico T320, and it works just like you want. But unless you've got some hardware for AMBE you didn't include in that post, you're missing some pieces. Perhaps this? http://nwdigitalradio.com/product/thumbdv/

If I'm mistaken, anyone please chime in.

Gwen, NG3P

Dev 9Y4DG

Yes Sir...a ThumbDV is connected to the AMBE Server...

That's how I can work DMR and DSTAR from anywhere.

But I agree with you that I should have mentioned that in the original post.

Thank you for your response......73 de Dev, 9Y4DG.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 23:35, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
[...]

“Your chances of success in any undertaking can
always be measured by your belief in yourself"
       ~Robert Collier~.

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The leader adjusts the sails.

                 ~John Maxwell~

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision.
The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives.
It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.
      ~ Anonymous~

We believe that:

"We make a living by what we get,
We make a life by what we give!"
          ~Winston Churchill~

Gwen Patton

Well then, just pop over to the play store and get BlueDV AMBE. That's the correct client app, not Peanut.

Dev 9Y4DG

Thank you for your suggestion, but I already use BlueDV.

I would like to link XLX 299 Module R to Peanut so that anyone using Peanut would have access to that reflector.

Thanks again...Dev, 9Y4DG

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019, 7:34 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@... wrote:
Well then, just pop over to the play store and get BlueDV AMBE. That's the correct client app, not Peanut.

CT1JIB - Jorge

Hi Dev,

If you are admin of XLX299 contact David ( info@...) and ask him to routing your ambeserver to xlx299 R.

--

73's

***********************************
CT1JIB / Jorge Santos
***********************************

Gwen Patton

Sorry, Dev, we're singing the same song as before...you didn't say what you wanted clearly enough. I didn't know you even HAD BlueDV. You only mentioned Peanut.

Jorge is right -- you'll have to contact David PA7LIM to coordinate that with him. He'll have to add your server into his network.

Sorry again that we seem to be having some difficulties communicating. I hope David can help you get that set up.

73,
Gwendolyn Patton, NG3P

Dev 9Y4DG

Thanks Gwen...73 Dev, 9Y4DG..

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019, 8:38 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@... wrote:
Sorry, Dev, we're singing the same song as before...you didn't say what you wanted clearly enough. I didn't know you even HAD BlueDV. You only mentioned Peanut.

Jorge is right -- you'll have to contact David PA7LIM to coordinate that with him. He'll have to add your server into his network.

Sorry again that we seem to be having some difficulties communicating. I hope David can help you get that set up.

73,
Gwendolyn Patton, NG3P

Dev 9Y4DG

Thanks Jorge...will certainly do...73 de Dev, 9Y4DG