Topics

PiDV Connection to a FM Radio

Ian

FYI,

I currently use my ThumbDV and two Baofeng 888's on D_Star, audio reports are good and my pal who lives in the next street has used his IC706 for D_Star via my 888 while I am in control of my station.

It's a useful learning project

Regards,
Ian..

On 12-12-2016 22:38, Dave KA2OQZ wrote:
*
*
Thank you.. Yeah that’s not pretty but it might be worth playing
with.. It’s times like this that make me wish I had gotten into
software J It would be a great product if someone could simplify the
software and package all the pieces into one nice little box with a
display to give any rig digital capability..
FROM: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
[mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] ON BEHALF OF John D Hays -
K7VE
SENT: Monday, December 12, 2016 5:27 PM
TO: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
SUBJECT: Re: [ambe] PiDV Connection to a FM Radio
You can get there, but it is kind of ugly at this point UDRC <-->
dstarrepeater <--> ircddbgateway <--> DummyRepeater <--> AMBEserver
(with PiDV or ThumbDV)
Audio goes in and out of DummyRepeater.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Dave KA2OQZ <kdcarlso@gmail.com>
wrote:
Is that software available has to be the next question. 😄
Dave
On Dec 12, 2016, at 5:08 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@hays.org> wrote:

The PiDV and ThumbDV are serial devices for encoding and decoding
audio to and from AMBE. They do not connect to a radio or provide
modulation or demodulation.
The UDRC can provide the modem to talk to a radio. However, for a
complete solution you would need both and software to handle the
protocol, radio, and audio.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Dave KA2OQZ <kdcarlso@gmail.com>
wrote:
I'm interested in a PiDV but want to know if it's capable of
modulating and demodulating the signals off of the packet port on a
FM rig? I can't seem to find any documention on the device to answer
the question.
Thank you,
Dave
KA2OQZ