Topics

Absolute beginner Thumb-dv

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

Hi,

You may want to check out this starting page for the ThumbDV: http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/

I am using the ThumbDV with BlueDV to communicate over D-STAR and DMR. Hope this helps.

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 2:50 PM S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 Hello;  I got the thumb dv  today and plugged it in  to computer .. want to use it for dmr/dstar ..  Right now plugged directly into usb port  and  NOTHING! no led's .. no prompt as to where to down load software ..  Computers have always been a challenge ..  and here I am trying to get this thing running .. Please  instruct me or direct me to some place i can get step by step instructions to get started .  Thank You .

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

Terry Malin

Install blue dv software.

On Sun, May 3, 2020, 11:50 AM S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 Hello;  I got the thumb dv  today and plugged it in  to computer .. want to use it for dmr/dstar ..  Right now plugged directly into usb port  and  NOTHING! no led's .. no prompt as to where to down load software ..  Computers have always been a challenge ..  and here I am trying to get this thing running .. Please  instruct me or direct me to some place i can get step by step instructions to get started .  Thank You .

Terry Malin

Do you have a d-star and Dmr IDs?

On Sun, May 3, 2020, 4:43 PM Terry Malin <temalin48@...> wrote:
Install blue dv software.

On Sun, May 3, 2020, 11:50 AM S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 Hello;  I got the thumb dv  today and plugged it in  to computer .. want to use it for dmr/dstar ..  Right now plugged directly into usb port  and  NOTHING! no led's .. no prompt as to where to down load software ..  Computers have always been a challenge ..  and here I am trying to get this thing running .. Please  instruct me or direct me to some place i can get step by step instructions to get started .  Thank You .

alpha foxtrotsix

What software are you using? I recommend BlueDV for Windows.You need to determine what com port it is using and set that accordingly in the setup.

On Sun, May 3, 2020, 11:50 S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 Hello;  I got the thumb dv  today and plugged it in  to computer .. want to use it for dmr/dstar ..  Right now plugged directly into usb port  and  NOTHING! no led's .. no prompt as to where to down load software ..  Computers have always been a challenge ..  and here I am trying to get this thing running .. Please  instruct me or direct me to some place i can get step by step instructions to get started .  Thank You .

S. Wilk

yes I have those ID's  thanks .

You can find a small document how to add tgif here : https://tgifnetwork.createaforum.com/hotspot-configurartion/bluedv-configuration-with-tgif/msg214/

Greets and 73,