Topics

Linking Peanut Server to Fusion Room

Alain Reid

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

Gwen Patton

Is there a reason you're using Peanut, and not the actual BlueDV or BlueDV AMBE clients? I have a simple AMBEServer set up on a Pi 3+, and I can connect to any reflector. With BlueDV Windows, I can even connect to Fusion rooms. You just can't connect to Fusion to transmit with the Android client. But the Windows client works fine on DMR, D-STar, and Fusion. The Android BlueDV works fine for DMR and D-Star.

So why are you messing with Peanut? That's a really limited program. David hasn't made BlueDV AMBE do Fusion, has he made Peanut do Fusion somehow?  Is that why you're using Peanut?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:16 AM Alain Reid <va2spb@...> wrote:

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

kb8zgl

The latest BlueDV beta is working on Fusion with NW Radio AMBE!  Mines over network and vpn even

Mike
Kb8zgl

On May 30, 2020, at 1:07 PM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

[...]

<Peanut_to_Fusion_question.PNG>

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

Gwen Patton

Mike, are you talking about the ANDROID version of BlueDV? It is called "BlueDV AMBE". That's it's name.

The WINDOWS version was the only one working completely with Fusion last I looked. David even said the Android version may never transmit on Fusion, last I heard.

Peanut is a very restricted version that only ever worked with David's servers that I know of. I'll admit I haven't looked at Peanut recently, but I generally don't need it.

The ThumbDV stuck is an AMBE device, but the NAME of the Windows version that works on Fusion is "BlueDV Windows". "BlueDV AMBE" is the NAME of the Android version that never has had full Fusion support.

Hence my confusion here. I didn't know Peanut worked with any servers but David's, and want aware he made it work with Fusion when the FULL Android version still does not. Peanut is an Android product, so I hope you see why I asked what I did.

On Sat, May 30, 2020, 2:04 PM kb8zgl <wolthuis@...> wrote:
[...]

You know what?

NEVER MIND. Forget I even said anything on this thread. I'm not David's support, I just use his programs. It's possible he's done something arcane with Peanut I don't know about because I don't use it. So maybe David will chime in and answer it, because I can't, and don't want to suck up bandwidth anymore with trying to figure out what people are talking about. I need a dandelion break.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM Gwen Patton via groups.io <ardrhi=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Sorry, no the Windows version.

Mike

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ambe] Linking Peanut Server to Fusion Room

[...]

Yeah, the Windows version works already with ThumbDV on Fusion just great. Just a plain-jane Ambeserver install on a Pi with a dynamic DNS daemon to keep the IP address steady will work great with the Windows version on Fusion anywhere you have Internet. But that's the Windows version. The Android version(s) have never, to my knowledge, EVER transmitted on Fusion. (Some will RECEIVE it with a secret handshake that I don't recall offhand.)

All I'm saying. I'm done. Y'all have a good day now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

The Garage project ( BlueDV AMBE for Android  ) is transmitting on Fusion.

See: https://www.pa7lim.nl/garage

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Thank you, David.

I knew you'd updated the Windows version for Fusion, and have been happily using it -- it's FANTASTIC! I didn't know you'd also updated the Android version, which I note was updated on my phone automatically, and seems to be working just fine via my Pi Ambeserver. Thank you again!

Is Peanut working like Alain suggested? Just curious...I'm not using Peanut.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Charles Wiant

I think everyone has missed the point he wants to link peanut to his fusion room. That way users can talk off there peanut app into his fusion room. I suggest message david directly.

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Hello Gwen,

You are welcome!

Alain sent me an email and I replied him today. I did not understood if he wanted to connect yaesu wires-x or an YSF reflector. It is not possible for me to connect yaesu wiresx. Yaesu wiresx is a closed network.
I can make a connection with peanut to YSF reflectors. All bugs are gone and is very stable.
There is a Spanish and English test reflector connected for testing.

David

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

You're right, I did miss that point.

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Folks, sorry for my late reply. Extremely busy professionally. I want to thank you all for willing to assist me.

Problem solved with the great help of PA7LIM.

For those of you who are less familiar with Peanut, just a word to share with you that we are using Peanuts with a YSF Fusion reflector and two D-Star reflectors (XLX and DCS). We are also using an OpenSpot 1 to link our Wires-X room to our YSF reflector. That way, we have acess to all repeaters in our room and connecting it to Peanut   :-)   Peanut is worlking absolutely very well either on Windows or an Android device. What is great about Peanut is that if you are at work, on the road or anywhere else without a transceiver, you can use your Android smart phone or your Windows laptop to connect with the Ham Community using transceivers. All you need is an Android or Windows device + Wi-Fi or Mobile data. Audio is fantastic and always full quieting -of course when you're on areliable Wi-Fi or Mobile data like 4G or LTE.

PA7LIM (David) from many users from Quebec, WE WANT TO THANK YOU for having developped and maintining such an application. Truly truly appreciated. 73 to all and thank you again for your willingness to assist. VA2SPB (Alain)

Patrick Perdue

Are you talking about WIRES x or YSF? I'm new to any C4FM stuff, but as I understand it, you generally can't connect to YSF reflectors from WIRES x repeaters. No problem if you have a hotspot.

You can host a YSF reflector on XLX, and have Peanut connected to that as DMR, thus no codec translation is required other than the AMBE dongle you already have. This is how I'm doing it, in fact, as part of a system involving DMR, DStar, echo link, Allstar, Peanut, YSF, and WIRES x. In my case, WIRES x is happening between a Yaesu HRI-200 and an Allstar node in analog mode, since I don't have a Yaesu radio to make a digital link. But, if you want to digitall involve WIRES x, it gets a lot more complicated. You'll need a hotspot, a Yaesu radio, such as the FT-M100 or FT-400DR, and an HRI-200 connected to the radio in order to host the WIRES x room, plus a Windows PC to run the WIRES x software. So, you don't need a repeater as such, but if you want to truly connect to WIRES x, you need all this extra gear just to get on the network.

If all you want is YSF support, that's much easier. There are instructions for auto-linking a particular XLX module to the YSF reflector hosted by XLXD, involves changing a couple of lines in part of the XLXD source and compiling with those changes. Then, you can have Peanut connected to your XLX reflector and module using the DMR master server rather than the DStar way, which seems to be the default way to connect XLXD to Peanut. If you want to connect to module A, use TG 4001. For module B, use 4002... and so on. If you connect as DStar, you'll need two more AMBE dongles for your XLX reflector in order to translate DMR/YSF to DStar and back, plus another AMBE dongle to translate to and from Peanut itself, which is why I suggest having it connected as if it is a DMR master server instead... unless David does support YSF connections now, in which case you could just go directly to that.

On 5/30/2020 10:25 AM, Alain Reid wrote:

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

mfle2001

Hi Patrick,
I'd be interested in more detail about how your setup "WIRES x is happening between a Yaesu HRI-200 and an Allstar node in analog mode" is happening.

In regard to Alain's query I host an AMBE server for XLX301. The YSF server at another QTH is hosted on XLX and registered at: https://register.ysfreflector.de/register Then we provided the details to David and a week or so later it was all working. If there is any problem check on the peanut dashboard that your AMBE server is online - mine has required an occasional restart.

Mike
VK2AMF

At 07:14 AM 21/07/2020, Patrick Perdue wrote:

[...]

[]Â

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

Mike Fleetwood
Canberra Australia and Sidcup UK.

Worldwide email address is:      mfleetwood@...

Alain Reid

Good morning Patrick: I am using an OpenSpot 1 and it serves as a bridge between my Fusion repeater (conencted to room 28104 on my HRI-200) and my YSF CHARC reflector on whick Peanut is connected. This is an indirect way to connect Wires-X to Peanut! It works perfectly. OpenSpot 1 is a great device. Too bad they don't manaufacture it anaymore.Am I answering your question?