Topics

XCode-3006 usage for end users

Jeff Marden

Hello all:

As an end-user, I'd like to better understand how this 6-channel USB device could be used by me (rather than being used by a reflector owner) before I sign-on to support the kickstarter project.

Are their ways that  an active Dstar => DMR end users could benefit from owning one of these devices?

Thanks,
--
Jeff Marden/N1JCM

There are support levels for people who just want to see the devices built for the reflectors.  (e.g. help the kickstarter meet the funding goal so that the build will happen.)

It is a question of software for end user applications -- there are developers who are interested in multi-stream transcoding, that may enhance their packages to support the XCode-3006

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Jeff Marden via Groups.Io <jmardensdl@...> wrote:
Hello all:

As an end-user, I'd like to better understand how this 6-channel USB device could be used by me (rather than being used by a reflector owner) before I sign-on to support the kickstarter project.

Are their ways that  an active Dstar => DMR end users could benefit from owning one of these devices?

Thanks,
--
Jeff Marden/N1JCM

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Jeff Marden

Hello John:

So, not really for end users yet; waiting for applicable software to be developed probably after the reflector phase of the overall development - understood.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Marden/N1JCM

Jeremiah Toth (Jay)

Ever wanted to run different ham digital applications at once, but had to pick and choose what audio stream/modes you were currently using, because you already had your current single channel device in use?

Once this device is released and AMBE server is updated (which, I think I saw something saying it already WAS updated) then you can monitor multiple modes or reflectors at once.  I plan (if it gets fully funded, fingers crossed) to do experimental work with AllstarLink and MMDVM, as well as perhaps have some DSTAR and DMR going at the same time.  I'm nothing but full of ideas of things to do, since this would allow me to do SIX different things at once without approximately $750 in multiple usb sticks connected to my computer...

KG4VGC