AMBE server on Rpi

Derek William Haden

I followed the instructions for creating an AMBE server from this excellent page

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/topic/how_to_install_ambeserver_on/25743616?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25743616

In the Wiki it refers to the config pages as being in /etc/opendv

I have no such directory and a search doesn't find one at all.

I am running ambe server on

Rpi 3

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"

VERSION_ID="10"

VERSION="10 (buster)"

VERSION_CODENAME=buster

ID=raspbian

ID_LIKE=debian

  Icon name: computer
        Machine ID: ...........................
           Boot ID: .....................................
  Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
            Kernel: Linux 4.19.118-v7+
      Architecture: arm

my question is where are the config files/pages?

Hi Derek,

I am planning to do some better instructions.

However, if you go to the files section of this group, you will find files with instructions in their description.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 07:41 Derek William Haden <facebook@...> wrote:

[...]

Ken Kayser

Hi John, thanks for the great work on the installation instructions. Got mine up and running quickly.

I have seen a lot of discussion about the power requirements of the dongle versus the capacity of the Raspberry Pi USB ports but have not seen anything that actually specifies what the dongle requirements are. I'm planning to buy a powered hub but want to make sure I get one with enough capacity. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks again for all your hard work.

Derek William Haden

Thanks John, I did find them in between posting and seeing your answer.

Is there a way of tracking what the ambeserver is doing?
I am having some problems at the moment.

I am using BlueDV ambe and I appear to be transmitting, but I am not receiving on DMR, DStar appears to be fine.

I can watch a TG on the Brandmeister last heard, and see activity, but I hear nothing.