Topics

#AMBE #ThumbDV toggle problem on #ambe #thumbdv #bluedv

Bill - KI7BZ

Greetings All,

I installed BlueDV for Linux (under parallels for mac).
mono is installed a-ok, linux appears to "see" the thumbdv.

I'm not sure why BlueDV won't allow me to tick the thumb-dv checkbox?

Cheers and 73
Bill

Hi bill,

This is not going to work. The ambe feature only works on windows. This because mono has issues with the sound card under Linux.

On 9 Feb 2019, at 07:37, Bill Allison <ki7bz@...> wrote:

Greetings All,

I installed BlueDV for Linux (under parallels for mac).
mono is installed a-ok, linux appears to "see" the thumbdv.

I'm not sure why BlueDV won't allow me to tick the thumb-dv checkbox?

Cheers and 73
Bill

<BLUEDV 09488.png><BlueDV for Linux _ No ThumbDV.png>

Bill - KI7BZ

Ooh aha! Thank you David!
Cheers and 73,
Bill

greg225@...

Thanks Guys.

This is good to know.  I have been trying for hours to get the Linux system to work with BlueDV and the ThumbDV with ambe.

I'll ty my Android N-60 next.  The ThumbDV with BlueDV works great with Windows 10.

Cheers, Greg

Gwen Patton

Does the sound card bug cause problems if I'm running AMBEserver on one Linux machine (a Raspberry pi) but access it from another Linux machine (say a Chromebook running GalliumOS linux) from another place? I have the ThumbDV on a Raspberry Pi at home, with a hole punched in the firewall for it, that I can access with Android BlueDV and Windows BlueDV. This would let me operate the ThumbDV remotely from the park, where I use a Chromebook to do logging and digital modes.

Gwen, NG3P

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time