Topics

bluedv ambe bluetooth PTT speaker / mic

Mike Moore

I am running bluedv ambe mobile on my cell phone using thumbdv and ambeserver from my home network.  I have an iTalkie Bluetooth Speaker / Mic.  The audio works fine but not the PTT function.  Does anyone have any tips about integrating iTalkie daemon for bluedv?  Is there a better forum for this question? 73, KC2NM

Gwen Patton

I only found that device to be useful with Zello and Teamspeak3. You may be able to get it to work with BlueDV if you use a button remapper app to assign the iTalkie PTT to something BlueDV AMBE understands. That's an oddball Bluetooth device to begin with, and I found it of limited utility. What I found to be far more reliable was the PTT in the Inrico T320 cell/handheld that I keep around for emergencies, with its own pay-as-you-go SIM card from Ting dot com. With my daily driver phone, I stick with the touchscreen controls for all of those apps, because there's NO consistency from app to app. I have about a half-dozen different Bluetooth "PTT" button devices, most of which only work with one app. Zello is the WORST offender of the bunch, and it has a dreadful tendency to start up when you're trying to use the PTT in another app and steal the focus. I had to stop using Zello so the other apps would work properly at all! So I just use Zello on the Inrico for the most part, and use BlueDV, Teamspeak 3, and Echolink on my regular phone.

You'd probably have better results trying to contact iTalkie, but be prepared to give Google Translate a workout to do so.

Mike Moore

Thanks Gwen,  What you have said about Zello matches my experience.  The Inrico might be a good solution.  My cell plan is with Google Fi so I can get an additional sim and pay as I go.

Mike Moore
mikemoore@...
Cell, Text (585) 721-0011
Google Voice (585) 310-1812