Topics

BlueDV AMBE for Android

Hi All,

I wrote a new Windows AMBE Server for the ThumbDB ( old and new model ). I also wrote an BlueDV Android version that supports AMBE and connects to the AMBEServer.

In other words.. You can make a DSTAR QSO's with your Android phone/Tablet while your ThumbDV is in your Windows PC.

It is all experimental stuf.. Just to play with.. And free course!
See a short manual. http://www.pa7lim.nl/garage/

Have fun!
    David PA7LIM

Steve KB9MWR <kb9mwr@...>

Thanks David.

I had visions of a pool of network accessible hardware AMBE devices for many years. Of course we could just do away with that all together now as in HRN 356 from the 2017 DCC Bruce spills the beans that its out of patent.

Tom Cichowicz

Edited

David;

    looking forward to playing with this ....

  I installed the AMBEServer on my PC - plugged in my ThumbDV and everything looks good!

I installed the latest version from GooglePlay store -- Version 1.0.10

  But I can't seem to change/save the settings under setup.

   I change NOCALL to mine, can't edit the existing DMRID info nor do I see a place to enter my PC's AMBEServer's IP address?
can you HELP?

kyle@...

Wish I could make DSTAR QSOs with my Android phone/tablet while the ThumbDV was connected to my Android phone/tablet (???)

k6fed@...

Hi David

Great job!

I tested it on XRF002 with the android phone and my PIDV server and It works.

Frank K6FED

Subject: [ambe] BlueDV AMBE for Android
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 7:32 AM

Hi All,

I wrote a new Windows AMBE Server for the ThumbDB ( old and
new model ). I also wrote an BlueDV Android version that
supports AMBE and connects to the AMBEServer.

In other words.. You can make a DSTAR QSO's with your
Android phone/Tablet while your ThumbDV is in your Windows
PC.
It is all experimental stuf.. Just to play with.. And
free course!
See a short manual. http://www.pa7lim.nl/garage/

Have fun!
    David PA7LIM

Chris Andrist

Someone needs to make a Bluetooth AMBE3000 device that will work with Android or iOS.

Some values in the setup are disabled. Like DMR, Fusion etc..

Please scroll down to change the IP address.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

That would be fun! But I had some issues with the serial speed on OTG. See my video on Youtube where the ThumbDV was connected to the phone directly..

kyle@...

OTG USB speed not fast enough? - That's a bummer.
Is it possible that some phones and/or versions of Android would be faster than others?

Tested on nexus 5 and Samsung s7. Now looking for bt module that supports high speed. Most bt modules crash at night speed.

Greets and 73'

  David PA7LIM

Sent from my iPad

On 12 Nov 2017, at 18:53, kyle@... wrote:

OTG USB speed not fast enough? - That's a bummer.
Is it possible that some phones and/or versions of Android would be faster than others?

Steven Blackford

Nice work David!  I have it working wonderfully here on my Android Phone.  It looks like you've done some work to save battery life.  Hope things are going well.  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...

Hi Steve,

Yes, I recoded most of the DSTAR code this weekend. Hope battery will hold longer now :-)

Tomorrow I am going to test the BT carkit.  Hope I also can find a way to control the PTT from my driver wheel. That would be amazing.
Keep in mind that ambe/PCM will consume some data over 3G/4G!

Greets,
   David

Steven Blackford

Hey David,
    I knew you had made some changes. LOL.  I noticed the battery life right away.  I know some apps like EchoLink, Zello, TeamSpeak allow you to push the button on regular head sets to key up.  Hope that points you in the right direction.   I setup an experimental AllStar/EchoLink Node bridged over to D-Star on our "Carolina Link" a couple of weeks ago.  It works pretty well on your iOS/Android phone, but don't sound so great when someone links in an Analog Repeater. LOL.  So, this new app will come in handy for me.  I love being able to connect up while I'm working in the data centers in the evenings.  Look forward to seeing what you do next.  Take care & thanks again for everything you do!  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Yes, I recoded most of the DSTAR code this weekend. Hope battery will hold longer now :-)

Tomorrow I am going to test the BT carkit.  Hope I also can find a way to control the PTT from my driver wheel. That would be amazing.
Keep in mind that ambe/PCM will consume some data over 3G/4G!

Greets,
   David

--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...

David Smith

Hey David,

Did Fusion get implemented into the program yet. Going to get a USB adapter
for my Android so I can operate on my Android.

David Smith
KA5DJS

Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:47 PM
[...]

   Ok that worked (scrolling down) got it working - but kinda crashed I guess; and had to stop and restart the server.

   Tested RX / TX - seems to work!

--

  ☀️ KM4VIG
   🌴 ~TomC.

Sent by pressing a send button.

On Nov 12, 2017, at 12:50 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Some values in the setup are disabled. Like DMR, Fusion etc..

Please scroll down to change the IP address.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

David,

Is your AMBEserver protocol compatible with the one already available for Linux (Raspberry Pi) for those who might want to go that route?

John

Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera

Some possibility for Iphone with bluedv or buster?

HI John,

Yes, the AMBEServer protocol is fully compatible! You can use the BlueDV AMBE for Android also with the AMBEServer on Linux.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera

and IOS too?

Enviado con Mailtrack

HI John,

Yes, the AMBEServer protocol is fully compatible! You can use the BlueDV AMBE for Android also with the AMBEServer on Linux.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

Hi Jose,

There is no BlueDV AMBE for iOS. Apple is not a company that supports experimental things.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM