BlueDV and WINE

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

Don't ask me about how I accomplished it, because there were a lot of moving parts and I'm honestly not quite sure, but I have gotten BlueDV for Windows to run under Ubuntu Linux 21.04 using WINE.

I'm not using a Windows com port to connect directly to the AMBE; I'm actually using the AMBE server.

I'm able to connect to both DMR and D-star and listen and speak and other people can hear me very clearly.

One thing that I've noticed about this is that the drawing of the BlueDV window appears to be pretty slow under WINE for some reason. But otherwise it functions great!

On Sat, May 28, 2022, 6:00 AM David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:
The structure of the FreeDMR hosts files was changed.

Greets and 73,
     David PA7LIM

-----Original Message-----
From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jimmy keffer via groups.io
Sent: vrijdag 27 mei 2022 17:07
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [ambe] 9614

does anyone know what what was changed added in bluesdv 9614?

--
- Dave, W3DJS
-- Lifetime Member of ARRL & GARS and curator of HamPi, the ham radio software distribution for the Raspberry Pi --

Hi

It is also possible to use the AMBE directly via USB. You have to edit the .ini file and change the comport to /dev/ttyUSB0

Try to disable the RXTX  colors in the BlueDV setup. This will speed up the screen.

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Slotter, W3DJS via groups.io
Sent: zaterdag 28 mei 2022 12:55
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io Notification <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: [ambe] BlueDV and WINE

Don't ask me about how I accomplished it, because there were a lot of moving parts and I'm honestly not quite sure, but I have gotten BlueDV for Windows to run under Ubuntu Linux 21.04 using WINE.

I'm not using a Windows com port to connect directly to the AMBE; I'm actually using the AMBE server.

I'm able to connect to both DMR and D-star and listen and speak and other people can hear me very clearly.

One thing that I've noticed about this is that the drawing of the BlueDV window appears to be pretty slow under WINE for some reason. But otherwise it functions great!

Greets and 73,
     David PA7LIM

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jimmy keffer via groups.io

--
- Dave, W3DJS
-- Lifetime Member of ARRL & GARS and curator of HamPi, the ham radio software distribution for the Raspberry Pi --

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

I'll give that suggestion a try. Thanks.

On Sat, May 28, 2022, 8:32 AM David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi

It is also possible to use the AMBE directly via USB. You have to edit the .ini file and change the comport to /dev/ttyUSB0

Try to disable the RXTX  colors in the BlueDV setup. This will speed up the screen.

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Slotter, W3DJS via groups.io
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io Notification <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

Greets and 73,
     David PA7LIM

--
- Dave, W3DJS

--
- Dave, W3DJS

Thanks to both of you for your continuing support of Amateur Radio!

Brtan K7UDR

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 6:50 AM Dave Slotter, W3DJS <slotter@...> wrote:
I'll give that suggestion a try. Thanks.

On Sat, May 28, 2022, 8:32 AM David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Greets and 73,
     David PA7LIM

--
- Dave, W3DJS

--
- Dave, W3DJS