Topics

BlueDV Android AMBE making first DMR QSO with myself :-)

Hi All,

Absolutely not finished yet.. I can make make a QSO on BM with myself now ( private call to 9990 ). There is still a lot to do!!!!! Hope to deploy a working version in the upcoming weeks ( all depending on my private time ).

Keep in mind that this version will be in the garage so only fun to try and play with. See: www.pa7lim.nl/garage

https://youtu.be/skc_rRACLWo

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

K7FZO

David,
Thank you for making your garage project available for all of us to play with.
It is a great piece of software.
I installed the BlueDV AMBRE Server on Win7 that I am running inside a virtual machine on a MacBook with the ThumbDV attached.
The BlueDV android app is installed and running on an old slow Nexus tablet that seems to handle the process easily.

I've kept the BlueDV android app attached to REF 029 A and have had several successful QSO's.

Next I'll take it on the road using the WiFi network my truck provides.

Thanks again for allowing us to be involved.

Cheers & 73 de Thom / K7FZO

On Nov 14, 2017, at 12:36 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Absolutely not finished yet.. I can make make a QSO on BM with myself now ( private call to 9990 ). There is still a lot to do!!!!! Hope to deploy a working version in the upcoming weeks ( all depending on my private time ).

Keep in mind that this version will be in the garage so only fun to try and play with. See: www.pa7lim.nl/garage

https://youtu.be/skc_rRACLWo

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

Thom,

You could put the ThumbDV on your Pi (that is in your shack) with AMBEserver (Linux), forward a port from your Internet connection and use BlueDV Android wherever you roam, as long as you have network.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:36 PM, K7FZO <k7fzo.thom@...> wrote:
David,
Thank you for making your garage project available for all of us to play with.
It is a great piece of software.
I installed the BlueDV AMBRE Server on Win7 that I am running inside a virtual machine on a MacBook with the ThumbDV attached.
The BlueDV android app is installed and running on an old slow Nexus tablet that seems to handle the process easily.

I've kept the BlueDV android app attached to REF 029 A and have had several successful QSO's.

Next I'll take it on the road using the WiFi network my truck provides.

Thanks again for allowing us to be involved.

Cheers & 73 de Thom / K7FZO

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

K7FZO

Thanks John I'll make that my next round of experiments.

~ Thom

On Nov 14, 2017, at 4:11 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

[...]

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.

Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

Steven Blackford

David,
   I can test it on my link system.

Steve

On Nov 15, 2017 14:53, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:

Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.

Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

Hi,

You can download the APK: http://www.pa7lim.nl/test/BlueDV-AMBE-12.apk

Greets,

   David PA7LIM

Op 15/11/2017 om 20:56 schreef Steven Blackford:

David,
   I can test it on my link system.

Steve

On Nov 15, 2017 14:53, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:

Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.

Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,

Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

If it is not working.. Please uninstall and use the version from the BETA store.

Greets,

    David

--
Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

k6fed@...

Hi David

I've tested the app with the PIDV server android phone. I changed the DMR ID to mine but when I transmit the DMR ID on the other unit appears as 2040000. The receive audio is fine.

Frank K6FED

Op 15/11/2017 om 20:56 schreef Steven Blackford:
David,
   I can test it on my link system.

Steve

On Nov 15, 2017 14:53, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:
Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.
Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,

Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

Oeps.. :-)

Can you restart the app please? Think it will reload the value again.

Greets,

    David PA7LIM

Op 15/11/2017 om 21:44 schreef k6fed via Groups.Io:

[...]

Last version for tonight.
Fixes:
- More volume on DMR
- hostname is now 30 chars. Was 20.
- You can change the DMR password now
- Ping between the AMBEServer is extended

Issues:

- 204000 as DMR
- You have to restart the app after setup

http://www.pa7lim.nl/test/AMBE/
File will be removed after 10 minutes. So be quick :-)

Greets,
   David

[...]

David thanks that fixed it.

cheers

Frank K6FED

Op 15/11/2017 om 20:56 schreef Steven Blackford:
David,
   I can test it on my link system.

Steve

On Nov 15, 2017 14:53, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:
Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.
Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,

Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

--
Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

k6fed@...

David thanks the restart  fixed it.

cheers

Frank K6FED

Op 15/11/2017 om 20:56 schreef Steven Blackford:
David,
   I can test it on my link system.

Steve

On Nov 15, 2017 14:53, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:
Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.
Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,

Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

--
Greets and 73, David PA7LIM

Is fixed in new version http://www.pa7lim.nl/test/AMBE/  ( version 16 )

Going to sleep now. Wrote the DMR part in two/three nights.. Now very sleepy.

Thanks all for testing!!!

  David PA7LIM

Op 15/11/2017 om 22:05 schreef k6fed via Groups.Io:

[...]

Jeremiah Toth (Jay)

Hi David,

I would like to try out DMR on BlueDVAMBE as well, please.

I'm sure it will turn out awesome like all you software does in time.

Thanks,

Jay/KG4VGC

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:53 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi All,

DMR on BlueDVAMBE for Android is implemented and have buggy version available now.

Is there someone who can test the volume difference between DMR and DSTAR when sending? The AMBE sound of DMR is over modulated and needs to be tuned.
Please sent me an email so I can sent you an APK file. info@...

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

Chris Andrist

Can I get the link for the latest DMR APK?

Regards,

Chris Andrist, KC7WSU
DMR-UTAH

I think it is in the topic thread, you may want to look back a few messages.