Topics

BlueDV for Windows supports ThumbDV DV3000U

Hi All,

I created a pre beta of BlueDV for Windows that supports the ThumbDV DV3000U. It is an experimental version. Please let me know if you find any issues.
You can download this PRE BETA version at: http://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/
It now supports only DSTAR but I am also working on DMR.

Report issues at: info@...

Have fun!
   David PA7LIM

david bencini <ik5xmk@...>

Hi David,

please add XLX Dstar support and not only 5 modules but all the 26 modules we have on XLX net.

Thank you, you can see at

David IK5XMK

Hi All,

I created a pre beta of BlueDV for Windows that supports the ThumbDV DV3000U. It is an experimental version. Please let me know if you find any issues.
You can download this PRE BETA version at: http://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/
It now supports only DSTAR but I am also working on DMR.

Report issues at: info@...

Have fun!
   David PA7LIM

David,

Nice looking program.  It came right up on Win 10 64-bit on D-STAR with ThumbDV at 460800

Nice to finally meet you in person at Hamvention.

DE K7VE

Ok. working on this now.

Hi John,

Thanks!
Was really nice to meet you at Hamvention!!

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

Ko Seokki

Edited

Hi David
Tesed My windows 10 tablet pc (chuwei hi8 plus mod USB PORT) .
Good QSO.

But I hope the keyboard(Space key or Enter key supports PTT.)

Yoram Rotbach

Great software David!
The addition of the ThumbDV is fantastic
Have been testing it with D-Star and eagerly waiting for DMR and maybe even Fusion support

73
Yoram Rotbach 4Z5YR

Soon available! DMR on ThumbDV DV3000U on BlueDV for Windows.

https://youtu.be/69mE5m0Fk14

david bencini <ik5xmk@...>

thank you David,
pse keep me updated
bye

David ik5xmk

Soon available! DMR on ThumbDV DV3000U on BlueDV for Windows.

https://youtu.be/69mE5m0Fk14

Peter Kendall

Will this also work the with Mega256 and Gus's AMBE3000 ?

On 20/07/2017 13:18, David PA7LIM wrote:
Soon available! DMR on ThumbDV DV3000U on BlueDV for Windows.

https://youtu.be/69mE5m0Fk14

Lloyd Duck

Nice David, keep up the good work and thank you!

ARES®   Amateur Radio Emergency Service®

Lloyd Duck, W5LND

Emergency Coordinator

Howard Co, Texas

Email: w5lnd@...

Cellphone: 432-210-3473

On Jul 20, 2017, at 7:18 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Soon available! DMR on ThumbDV DV3000U on BlueDV for Windows.

https://youtu.be/69mE5m0Fk14

Tom Cichowicz <tcichowicz@...>

David;

    this is GREAT!

    would love to try it out!  looked for the preBETA on your site, but couldn't find the latest version ....

  Thanks for all your hard work!

--
   KM4VIG
~TomC.

Hi Peter,

The Arduino MEGA withDVMEGA  AMBE3000 will also work! You need a special firmware for that and can be downloaded on the website of DVMEGA.
There are also shield available at combitronics that makes the solution smaller. This will replace the Arduino UNO.

Greets,
    David PA7LIM

Hi Devid,

Could you put a 'latest Beta' or similar link prominently on your page :)

John

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:
Hi Peter,

The Arduino MEGA withDVMEGA  AMBE3000 will also work! You need a special firmware for that and can be downloaded on the website of DVMEGA.
There are also shield available at combitronics that makes the solution smaller. This will replace the Arduino UNO.

Greets,

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Hi John,

I hope to deploy the DMR version before weekend. I have done some small tests on Brandmeister but not on DMR plus yet.
Will sent you an email now about the deployment.

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

Hi All,

You can find a pre beta version in the files section of this group.
Please email me directly with your findings. ( or post in this group )

You can find a short manual how to use Brandmeister DMR: http://www.pa7lim.nl/bluedv-windows-ambe/

David PA7LIM
info@...

Peter Kendall

Hi David,

Got it working right away. The only thing that I noticed what the audio input level didn't behave quite like I expected. Seems to be maxed out even with a very small input signal.

Making a recording into audacity with the same source sees voice peaks at -21dB although on DMR I'm getting reports of being very loud.

Great work though, I'm very impressed.

73
Peter
G7RPG

On 20/07/2017 23:31, David PA7LIM wrote:
Hi All,

You can find a pre beta version in the files section of this group.
Please email me directly with your findings. ( or post in this group )

You can find a short manual how to use Brandmeister DMR: http://www.pa7lim.nl/bluedv-windows-ambe/

David PA7LIM
info@...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your report! Will check if I can lower the default input level tomorrow.
Does DMR differ from DSTAR in level?

Greets,
   David PA7LIM

shazian1@...

Hi David

Thank you for a great program.
I have my ThumbDV up and running okay on Dstar with the Beta program, but on The DMR Status I have got logged out and not sure why. Any help will be appreciated.
Regards
Ian
M0CAG

Jean-Marc F1SCA

Hi David,

Great work !!
I'm testing since two days and it looks stable. There are some level différences between DMR and DSTAR. Is there an ALC for the input ?

Also can't wait to try Fusion when available :-)

Is it possible to add in the DMR+ list IPSC2 servers ?

Best regards from Jean-Marc F1SCA