Topics

BlueDV just stopped working on DMR

Bob Watson

I have been running BlueDV for Windows with a ThumbDV for many months with no problems.  For several days, I have not been able to log into DMR .  When I first start up BlueDV, I get a message that I can not reach the Brandmiester network.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

(null) (null)

Check your DMR master, it should be 3101, 3102 or 3103. 3108 is no longer available. The password should be “passw0rd”

Frank K6FED

On Mar 20, 2020, at 2:56 PM, Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc@...> wrote:

I have been running BlueDV for Windows with a ThumbDV for many months with no problems.  For several days, I have not been able to log into DMR .  When I first start up BlueDV, I get a message that I can not reach the Brandmiester network.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Terry Malin

I heard the Europe is restricting bandwidth on the internet. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm currently in the hospital and can't try it

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:56 PM Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been running BlueDV for Windows with a ThumbDV for many months with no problems.  For several days, I have not been able to log into DMR .  When I first start up BlueDV, I get a message that I can not reach the Brandmiester network.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Richard W4JXA

It's my understanding that DMR master 3108 doesn't work anymore. Try a different master

W4JXA Rich 73

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM, Terry Malin
<Temalin48@...> wrote:
I heard the Europe is restricting bandwidth on the internet. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm currently in the hospital and can't try it

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:56 PM Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been running BlueDV for Windows with a ThumbDV for many months with no problems.  For several days, I have not been able to log into DMR .  When I first start up BlueDV, I get a message that I can not reach the Brandmiester network.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Bob Watson

Thanks so much guys.  I was using the 3108 master.  I changed to 3101 and works fine.

73, Bob, KN4HH

<Temalin48@...> wrote:
I heard the Europe is restricting bandwidth on the internet. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm currently in the hospital and can't try it

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:56 PM Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been running BlueDV for Windows with a ThumbDV for many months with no problems.  For several days, I have not been able to log into DMR .  When I first start up BlueDV, I get a message that I can not reach the Brandmiester network.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

hans@...

I am having an similar issue... i am using the 3108 master and it says "Logged in to DMR", but when i transmit, nothing gets out. The parrot is also not working.
Receive is only working if i key up for a second while someone else is talking on the talkgroup.
I also made sure to disconnect (TG4000) before i tried to connect to a different talkgroup.
Any ideas?

73, Hans, AB5HM

Gwen Patton

3108 Master has been discontinued. 3101, 3102, and 3103 are the current BM USA masters.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:53 PM <hans@...> wrote:
I am having an similar issue... i am using the 3108 master and it says "Logged in to DMR", but when i transmit, nothing gets out. The parrot is also not working.
Receive is only working if i key up for a second while someone else is talking on the talkgroup.
I also made sure to disconnect (TG4000) before i tried to connect to a different talkgroup.
Any ideas?

73, Hans, AB5HM

hans@...

Edited

Sorry... i had a typo in my previous post... i am using 3101 not 3108.
So that is not the issue...

Any other ideas why DMR is not working?

UPDATE - SOLVED
i checked my settings so many times and never noticed that one digit in my DMR-ID was missing...

73, Hans, AB5HM

Mike Webb [WG5EEK]

Just a thought but wouldn't it be safer to create a brandmeister.network self-care account, create a custom password and use that instead?  Seems like anyone could just grab a random DMR ID/callsign and use it to talk with the default brandmeister password instead right? I changed mine to my own password and that's the only way I can log into a master server now and that makes me feel better.  Or am I completely wrong?