BlueDV on an Inrico T320? Or any other network radio

gpabon757

Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing an Inrico T320 network radio.  Does BlueDV work with it? Will it display in portrait mode?  Will I be able to use the PTT on the side to transmit?

Any other HT like network radios that work well with BlueDV with a working PTT?

Thanks,

George

Greg Speakman

I have the T320 and I use the BlueDV app but I connect to an ambee server.  My amber server is a Raspberry Pi 3 with a ThumbDV.  The PTT does work with it.  I don't quite know what you mean portrait mode.

Greg

(null) (null)

I’m using the T320 also, it displays in portrait and does work with the BlueDv to include PTT. To use D-star, DMR and Fusion I have a ThumbDv running on a Raspberry Pi and or Windows Server.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 7:47 AM, gpabon757 <gpabon@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing an Inrico T320 network radio.  Does BlueDV work with it? Will it display in portrait mode?  Will I be able to use the PTT on the side to transmit?

Any other HT like network radios that work well with BlueDV with a working PTT?

Thanks,

George

Balasubramanian Iyer

Hi
I think unless there is provision for OTG cable via USB then only dongle can be attached to work with BlueDV. But there wont be problems for Peanut to work

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:17 PM, gpabon757 <gpabon@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing an Inrico T320 network radio.  Does BlueDV work with it? Will it display in portrait mode?  Will I be able to use the PTT on the side to transmit?

Any other HT like network radios that work well with BlueDV with a working PTT?

Thanks,

George

(null) (null)

I’m running Android version 7.0 on the T320 and have tried at least three different OTG cables none of them worked with the Thumbdv.The radio’s PTT does work well with Peanut, EchoLink and Zello.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 8:27 AM, Balasubramanian Iyer <vu3tbr@...> wrote:

Hi
I think unless there is provision for OTG cable via USB then only dongle can be attached to work with BlueDV. But there wont be problems for Peanut to work

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:17 PM, gpabon757 <gpabon@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing an Inrico T320 network radio.  Does BlueDV work with it? Will it display in portrait mode?  Will I be able to use the PTT on the side to transmit?

Any other HT like network radios that work well with BlueDV with a working PTT?

Thanks,

George

Gwen Patton

Only way I know to do it on an Inrico T320 is to use an external AMBEServer. I don't think the T320 is an OTG device. But I stopped trying to use a ThumbDV connected directly to a phone when I saw my battery charge indicator visibly sinking while it was connected. It draws a LOT of juice, even when just in receive. So I have a Raspberry Pi on my local network, with a powered hub on it and the ThumbDV plugged into the powered hub. That same horrible power draw means a Pi USB port will NOT power the ThumbDV directly. You MUST use a powered hub. (For Pi 3+ and below. I haven't tried it on a 4 with USB-C.)

My Pi has:
AMBEServer installed (NO BUSTER)
A dynamic DNS daemon, so if my local network IP changes, it can update my dynamic DNS address.
A port-forwarded hole in my firewall so I can get at it from outside.

Then configure BlueDV AMBE for the dynamic DNS address instead of the localhost IP address.

Works fine, but I only use it when I want to use my T320 as a backup device. I take it to things like Field Day, or hamfests. The PTT works great for things like Echolink, Teamspeak 3, and Zello, but I don't use Zello because it doesn't play well with others. If you have Zello configured for PTT, even if you stop the app from the apps menu, if you hit the PTT, it'll RESTART Zello, even if you're trying to use the PTT with Teamspeak or Echolink. Freaking annoying, so I stopped using Zello.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 12:06 PM (null) (null) via groups.io <fdecuire=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’m running Android version 7.0 on the T320 and have tried at least three different OTG cables none of them worked with the Thumbdv.The radio’s PTT does work well with Peanut, EchoLink and Zello.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

You may need a USB device driver such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.sztupy.android.usbhostcontroller  -- but hooking directly to a phone may be a power drain as Gwen points out.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies.  I'm using the DVStick 30 with AMBE server on my PC.  Windows AMBE server with BlueDv on my Android device works great, but it always runs in landscape orientation.  Based on the feedback, I think I'll give an Inrico T320 radio a try.  Since I don't see an option in BlueDv AMBE for PTT, how did you setup the PTT to key up BlueDv via the T320?

Thanks again!

(null) (null)

There is no special setup for the PTT, It’s built into  the app.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:25 PM, gpabon757 <gpabon@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies.  I'm using the DVStick 30 with AMBE server on my PC.  Windows AMBE server with BlueDv on my Android device works great, but it always runs in landscape orientation.  Based on the feedback, I think I'll give an Inrico T320 radio a try.  Since I don't see an option in BlueDv AMBE for PTT, how did you setup the PTT to key up BlueDv via the T320?

Thanks again!

Stefsan

Hi,

have running a T320 with a raspberry pi ambe server with DV 30 ambe Stick. T320 runs perfect with BlueDV last version including PTT. Also with TM7 it runns perfect also with USB DV30 Sick on USB of the TM7 (mot with T320 there USB Stick on USB is not functionally only with AMBE Server on T320) BlueDV is running fine on both including PTT on both.

AMBE Server is easy to setup on any RPI with standart image and the AMBE Server from marrold (get by github) on a clean Raspberry standart image.

See also my qrz.com page dl1esz also explained there.

73 Stefan DL1ESZ

Am 23.06.20 um 16:57 schrieb (null) (null) via groups.io:

I’m using the T320 also, it displays in portrait and does work with the BlueDv to include PTT. To use D-star, DMR and Fusion I have a ThumbDv running on a Raspberry Pi and or Windows Server.

K6FED