Topics

BlueDV Windows for ThumbDV

Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

David PA7LIM

Charles Wiant

Great work David much appreciated

On May 5, 2020, at 7:15 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

<BlueDVAMBE3.PNG>

David PA7LIM

sancudo

I appreciate the work you put into this bluedv project, David. It's obvious that it's a labor of love for you than monetary. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Mario
WO5O

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 7:15 AM David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:
Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

David PA7LIM

Alec-N1AJW

Thanks David.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Alec

N1AJW

[...]

Mike Moore

Thanks David, for your work on this project.  During this period of social distancing, we at the Rochester Amateur Radio Association have been meeting on ZOOM discussing how to use digital modes.  BlueDV for Windows has been a great asset to show how things work and talk about making connections.  We can all see the screen and hear the audio by sharing the desktop and BlueDV screen.  Thanks and 73, KC2NM

Alberto Marín García

Thank you very much David, is an excellent notice !!!

73's EA2CSG

El mar., 5 may. 2020 a las 14:15, David PA7LIM (<info@...>) escribió:
Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

Saludos cordiales, Alberto Marín

Christopher Poelker

I am brand new to the world of HAM radio and digital radio in general, and have found BlueDV to be the simplest and best way to get involved with DMR and D-Star. In fact, it was BlueDV which enabled me to have my first HAM QSO contact and conversation!

The product is pure genious! I will be contributing $ to your efforts. Thanks David. 73.

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 10:01 AM sancudo <sancudobravo@...> wrote:
[...]

rob_eke

Thanks David,
Keep up the good work.  Looking forward to this version.

73’s
Rob, pa3eke

Op 5 mei 2020, om 14:15 heeft David PA7LIM <info@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

<BlueDVAMBE3.PNG>

David PA7LIM

Jim Phelps

Fantastic  !    Thanks    Jim/WB4VNE

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

David PA7LIM

(null) (null)

David,

Thanks for the update and all the hard work you’re putting into this project. Looking forward to donating to the project. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Cheers

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 5:15 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

David PA7LIM

alpha foxtrotsix

Thanks David for all your hard work on this project.

73 de AF6BY

Jeff

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 05:15 David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:
Hello All,

Some news. Before end of this month I will deploy a new version of BlueDV Windows. This version supports Fusion RX and TX on YSF and FCS.
Sound quality is very nice on RX and TX! I also improved the sound quality on DMR RX in this new version.
At this moment I am struggling a lot to get the application certified so you do not get the unknown publisher errors anymore.

Fusion on BlueDV Android is not available in TX mode. I can give it a try this summer, but I am always struggling with data types in Java. Also time is an issue because all of my projects and private life.

David PA7LIM

John N8JJO

Excellent news David! Great work, looking forward to your new release!

73 John N8JJO

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

David, this is truly exciting news! Looking forward to the new version! Thanks so much!

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

This version 9581 is now available for testing : https://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/

alpha foxtrotsix

I will download and test.

De AF6BY

Jeff

On Sat, May 9, 2020, 11:19 David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:
This version 9581 is now available for testing : https://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/

John N8JJO

Excellent David! Looking forward to testing today.

73 John N8JJO

EA5GVK Joaquin

David, good afternoon, because through fusion I can't connect to the XLX051 with the new Fusion?
Through Pi-star and DVlink you can enter the xlx051.
Thank you.

El sáb., 9 may. 2020 a las 20:19, David PA7LIM (<info@...>) escribió:
This version 9581 is now available for testing : https://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/

Hello

That is correct if you select XLX in Fusion.

When you select YSF and then XLX051, it will connect. I just tested.

The reason:

XLX database does not contain the connecting port and always uses port 42000. I think that XLX051 uses port 42001 or 42002.

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

David, good afternoon, because through fusion I can't connect to the XLX051 with the new Fusion?
Through Pi-star and DVlink you can enter the xlx051.
Thank you.

El sáb., 9 may. 2020 a las 20:19, David PA7LIM (<info@...>) escribió:

This version 9581 is now available for testing : https://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/Windows/

hans@...

Hi David,

excellent Work!!!

I noticed a little glitch in the setup:

My ThumbDV is on COM1, but every time i open the setup menu, it will reset to the first entry in the list (COM18 in my case) and i have to set it back to COM1 before saving.

73 de Hans, AB5HM

Gwen Patton

I've been using it since yesterday when I saw it posted, and it works really well. I even checked into the WIRES-X Net and the only comment I got was that my audio was a bit hot, so I backed it down. But there were a couple of relatively minor things I spotted.

Test notes for BlueDV 1.0.0.9581

- When keyed down and transmitting, the Fusion status box lights red intermittently, though
transmission is constant. This is at odds with receive activity, where the status box is lit
continuously on receiving another station. When sending, though the On Air legend at the lower
right is constant, the red light on the FUSION call status box is not constant. It turns on
and goes off seemingly at random. Linked to YSF AmericaLink at the time.

- Sometimes, during a long transmission, while experiencing the intermittent red status box, if I pause
for a moment, the box will light up red and I'll hear the tail end of my own transmission. Just a split second
of it, not the entire thing. It's hard to reproduce. This might point at the intermittent red box issue being
somehow connected to whether or not the user is speaking or pausing. VOX is OFF. I never use VOX.
It's pure conjecture, but maybe something is accidentally calling the VOX routine under some circumstances?

- Connected to FCS00199 (Echo), the Call line in the FUSION status box shows random characters
instead of a call sign or ID. This looks very odd. This did not happen on YSF AmericaLink,
where it showed my call sign. Haven't tried to reproduce this.