DMR on Blue DV

N5YTT Randy

I have the Fussion and Dstar working well but have tried many different settings and have never heard anyone on DMR yet.
I have tried mostly the DMR Plus but also the DMR for server type.
DMR Master as 3102 and 3103
Confused as DMR password have read to use passw0rd for us and others have said to now use your DMR Brandmeister password, but neither seem to work.
I have tried many DMR Masters as Minnesota and others that have been recommended but still no replies or hearing nobody.
I live in Texas and don't see any DMR + masters for Texas but saw one on the web before, and did run all the updates through Blue Dv
I listen to TG 3148 Texas Statewide and hear people talking on it and then setup Blue Dv for that talkgroup but don't hear anyone.

Any help or thoughs appreciated as this seems to be the last hurdle to getting it all setup and running well.
Randy N5YTT

Karl Renter

Try DM Type: DM
DM Master 3102 or 3103
You need the Brandmeister Password
DMR Hotspot your DMR ID plus the DMR ESSID, two digits 01 etc depending on how many hotspots you have using your DMR ID.
DMR Simple your seven digit ID
You might have to login to Brandmeister and enable your hotspot
The other thing is that when you have the chosen talk group entered, to listen to that TG you hit your space bar on the keyboard to open up that TG and 4000 to disconnect from the TG to go to another TG.
Hope it helps you, the right PW is crucial, you might have to fiddle with the DMR Gain for Speaker.

VE7ILM
Karl

Gwen Patton

The whole password thing is that Brandmeister doesn't want to have a default password anymore. So you go to the Brandmeister website and if you don't have one, create a self-care account there. Use your callsign as the username, and set a password for it. This is the password you'll use for the Brandmeister master in BlueDV. If you have not created your own account on the Brandmeister site, it will not work. You have to go to their site and create an account for yourself and use that password.

That's what I did, and it works just fine.