Drivers for DV3000U

Robert Raymond <w7rjr@...>

Just tried to install my Thumbdv (DV3000U) on a new computer and it won't find the drivers. Can anyone point me to where I can download them? Thanks 73 W7RJR

The ThumbDV™ uses FTDI chips.

On Linux and MacOS typically no driver install is required.
On Windows, the driver should be installed by the OS, but if it can't be located, then use this information - https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/AN_396-FTDI-Drivers-Installation-Guide-for-Windows-10.pdf

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 7:37 AM Robert Raymond <w7rjr@...> wrote:
Just tried to install my Thumbdv (DV3000U) on a new computer and it won't find the drivers. Can anyone point me to where I can download them? Thanks 73 W7RJR

K7VE / WRJT-215

Willem

Robert,

You have to install the FTDI drivers first. You can get them from: https://ftdichip.com/drivers.

Willem, PE1NSU

Op 7-3-2021 om 7:05 schreef Robert Raymond:

Just tried to install my Thumbdv (DV3000U) on a new computer and it won't find the drivers. Can anyone point me to where I can download them? Thanks 73 W7RJR

Robert Raymond <w7rjr@...>

Thank you for the help!! I have it working. 73

Robert (Bob) Raymond
Chief Warrant Officer, US Army, Retired
Agent Orange Coordinator
Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 879
Spokane, Washington