Topics

error when saving setup #thumbdv #bluedv

Merle Watts

I have a thumbdv and BlueDV for windows.
About 2 yrs ago I was in Asia using DMR.  and everything was working fine.  I updated BlueDV on my laptop and I could no longer get the settings to save.

I get an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

After returning to the US I started getting the same error on my desktop.

Any ideas?  It's been 2 yrs now and it still doesn't work on either the laptop or the desktop.  Both have windows 10.

Upgrade to the latest version 9570 and select an YSF reflector in the setup. Then save.

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

I have a thumbdv and BlueDV for windows.
About 2 yrs ago I was in Asia using DMR.  and everything was working fine.  I updated BlueDV on my laptop and I could no longer get the settings to save.

I get an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

After returning to the US I started getting the same error on my desktop.

Any ideas?  It's been 2 yrs now and it still doesn't work on either the laptop or the desktop.  Both have windows 10.

if.only@...

Hi, I too had this problem, on Windows 10 I got the PC to use a suitable mode which turned out to be Windows 8 for that particular prog. and it worked fine then.
Hope that helps.

M3VWU

Ludovic Ludo

You have not the last version i suppose.
So update it.

Best regards,
Ludovic - F5PBG

David is the author and authority, please follow his direction on BlueDV.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 8:56 AM David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Upgrade to the latest version 9570 and select an YSF reflector in the setup. Then save.

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

I have a thumbdv and BlueDV for windows.
About 2 yrs ago I was in Asia using DMR.  and everything was working fine.  I updated BlueDV on my laptop and I could no longer get the settings to save.

I get an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

After returning to the US I started getting the same error on my desktop.

Any ideas?  It's been 2 yrs now and it still doesn't work on either the laptop or the desktop.  Both have windows 10.

David Dennis

Just a heads up for anyone upgrading to the latest version of BlueDv.     Upon installing the upgrade BlueDV appeared to be working well.  The only problem was I had no audio.    I fought this for a couple of days before getting it resolved.   Here is what finally worked….

Originally my system had the default audio driver which Win10 installed when I did the upgrade to Win10.   That has always worked until this last install of BlueDV.   After screwing around with a lot of things I finally went to the ASUS downloads section, ( maker of my motherboard ) and I downloaded the audio driver for my specific motherboard for Win10.   Installing that fixed it!

Honestly I have my doubts the driver was the problem.   I think the act of installing a new driver reset something in my system that was keeping it from working.   I only post this in case someone else has the same issue maybe this will save them some time troubleshooting.

Regards,

David

N5BOC