Topics

Fw: Bluedv not recognizing Thumbdv

Bob Watson

Sorry for the redundant posting.  I thought I would supply a bit more information than previous posts.  The screenshots are of my Bluedv and Device Manager settings.  I hope this will spark some suggestions on the problem.  As in other posts, I have the Thumbdv installed as COM3 and Thumbdv set accordingly.  When I toggle the Serial button on Bluedv, the Thumbdv green led flashes continuously for about three seconds and extinguishes.  The Bluedv panel shows Firmware Not Detected.  I tried running ThumbTest.exe.  I set the COM port and Baud rate and hit Enter and the pc returns to the home screen before display any results.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a remedy.
73, bob, KN4HH

Inline image
Inline image

Bob Watson

My apologies for the previous post.  Dual posts with dual images really gum up the bandwidth.  I did discover that I had the wrong baud rate set for my Thumbdv.  I thought I had an earlier unit and I actually have a 3000R Chip.  I increased the baud rate and now I have good results with D-STAR.

Thanks for your patience.

73,  Bob, KN4HH

On Feb 17, 2020, at 7:48 PM, Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc@...> wrote:

Sorry for the redundant posting.  I thought I would supply a bit more information than previous posts.  The screenshots are of my Bluedv and Device Manager settings.  I hope this will spark some suggestions on the problem.  As in other posts, I have the Thumbdv installed as COM3 and Thumbdv set accordingly.  When I toggle the Serial button on Bluedv, the Thumbdv green led flashes continuously for about three seconds and extinguishes.  The Bluedv panel shows Firmware Not Detected.  I tried running ThumbTest.exe.  I set the COM port and Baud rate and hit Enter and the pc returns to the home screen before display any results.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a remedy.
73, bob, KN4HH

<1581603785439blob.jpg>
<1581603874123blob.jpg>

<1581603874123blob.jpg>
<1581603785439blob.jpg>

pikam@...

I had a similar problem and I had to set the speed of com3 to match the data speed of the dongle!!

Peter Moore ZL2HM

Sorry for the redundant posting.  I thought I would supply a bit more information than previous posts.  The screenshots are of my Bluedv and Device Manager settings.  I hope this will spark some suggestions on the problem.  As in other posts, I have the Thumbdv installed as COM3 and Thumbdv set accordingly.  When I toggle the Serial button on Bluedv, the Thumbdv green led flashes continuously for about three seconds and extinguishes.  The Bluedv panel shows Firmware Not Detected.  I tried running ThumbTest.exe.  I set the COM port and Baud rate and hit Enter and the pc returns to the home screen before display any results.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a remedy.

73, bob, KN4HH

Inline image

Inline image

alpha foxtrotsix