Topics

I want a refund !

We do not write or support the SW, which is offered for free from dedicated Hams and supported by the community via our forums.

The ThumbDV has a 30 day money back guarantee.

For a refund, send it to:

NW Digital Radio
RMA<order#>
150 Cessna Ave
Roche Harbor WA 98250

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

On May 4, 2020, at 7:02 AM, S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:

 I can not believe how Gosh Darn tough  this thing is to set-up . I got it working   on DMR plus using  Blue DV  program  but I can not  get it set for T.G.I.F .  network , can not log in to brandmeister .  This product support  or lack of it  is like being dropped into a dessert with no resources at all . Do I send it right back to you ?

Contact sales@... to return.

The ThumbDV™ is sold as bare hardware and, as is stated on the website, software and software support are from the authors of such software.

You have a satisfaction guarantee and by contacting sales can return it for a refund.

Or you can spend a little time asking other users how to overcome your operational problems.

On Mon, May 4, 2020, 07:02 S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 I can not believe how Gosh Darn tough  this thing is to set-up . I got it working   on DMR plus using  Blue DV  program  but I can not  get it set for T.G.I.F .  network , can not log in to brandmeister .  This product support  or lack of it  is like being dropped into a dessert with no resources at all . Do I send it right back to you ?

Brent LeFevre

Well said John,

I've had my ThumbDV for well over two years and love it!!!

Brent LeFevre
.-- ....- -.-. .... ..-.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:24 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Contact sales@... to return.

The ThumbDV™ is sold as bare hardware and, as is stated on the website, software and software support are from the authors of such software.

You have a satisfaction guarantee and by contacting sales can return it for a refund.

Or you can spend a little time asking other users how to overcome your operational problems.

On Mon, May 4, 2020, 07:02 S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 I can not believe how Gosh Darn tough  this thing is to set-up . I got it working   on DMR plus using  Blue DV  program  but I can not  get it set for T.G.I.F .  network , can not log in to brandmeister .  This product support  or lack of it  is like being dropped into a dessert with no resources at all . Do I send it right back to you ?

Lou Fisher

Have had mine for nearly four years works great with BlueDV on Dstar and DMR  love it

On May 4, 2020, at 9:38 AM, Brent LeFevre <brent.lefevre@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

It does take a little bit of persistence to get up and running with BlueDV and AMBE, but once you've gotten over the hump, it is well worth it!

73,

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

kevin@...

I love my thumbdv, just wish the bluedv ambe server would support multiple users on different talkgroups.  But it works beautifully.

Kevin KS0EGL

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 9:24 AM -0500, "Bryan Hoyer" <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

We do not write or support the SW, which is offered for free from dedicated Hams and supported by the community via our forums.

The ThumbDV has a 30 day money back guarantee.

For a refund, send it to:

NW Digital Radio
RMA<order#>
150 Cessna Ave
Roche Harbor WA 98250

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

On May 4, 2020, at 7:02 AM, S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:

 I can not believe how Gosh Darn tough  this thing is to set-up . I got it working   on DMR plus using  Blue DV  program  but I can not  get it set for T.G.I.F .  network , can not log in to brandmeister .  This product support  or lack of it  is like being dropped into a dessert with no resources at all . Do I send it right back to you ?

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

What does running BlueDV with the AMBE server bring you versus running BlueDV without?

73,

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:58 AM kevin via groups.io <kevin=prometheusinc.net@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Nomis Bayan Jr.

FYI Only - I had mine for over two years with no issue. I bought another two in about 6 months ago for the another server and works fine.

On 5/4/2020 7:42 AM, Lou Fisher wrote:
[...]

I hope to deploy a new Windows version with a very nice addition for AMBE in about two weeks.

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

[...]

I don't have to carry the thumbdv with me.  I can access it over the internet from my Android phone or my laptop.  So it is very convenient.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:00 AM -0500, ""Dave Slotter, W3DJS"" <slotter@...> wrote:

[...]

S. Wilk

 Well I   gave the DMR side of this thing a rest ..  And tried D star  where I immediately  got some success .  Heck I even came across some familiar  call signs and voices ..  my apologies ..  But  if Some one had even supplied a rudimentary template  of values  with this thing , it would have been a better confidence booster .

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

Perhaps you can turn your unpleasurable experience into something positive by creating a HOWTO of how you overcame your hurdles, or even a YouTube video HOWTO? Just a thought, because you do seem to be passionate about this and how else better to turn lemons into lemonade?

73,

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:08 AM S. Wilk <nk9a@...> wrote:
 Well I   gave the DMR side of this thing a rest ..  And tried D star  where I immediately  got some success .  Heck I even came across some familiar  call signs and voices ..  my apologies ..  But  if Some one had even supplied a rudimentary template  of values  with this thing , it would have been a better confidence booster .

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

kevin@...

I can't wait to try it out.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM -0500, "David PA7LIM" <info@...> wrote:

[...]

 I finally met with some success on D Star ..  .. So I am not returning the unit .. However , as I have said  elsewhere  IF  someone  had  taken the time to  include a " template " of values   to get one started  Things would have gone a lot smoother .

Patrick Perdue

Same. I have a bunch of ThumbDV's, some of which I'm using for XLX transcoders, others for DMR to Allstar bridges. I keep one connected to a Raspberry Pi for general use with BlueDV wherever I am. However, I don't have an Android phone, and it doesn't appear that the iOS version of BlueDV supports audio, just modem/control of compatible radios, unless I'm missing something. Anyway, I've had no problems with the several ThumbDV's I own. I've never tried DMRPlus, but have had success with both TGIF and Brandmeister, as well as DSTAR with BlueDV on Windows.

On 5/4/2020 11:05 AM, kevin via groups.io wrote:

[...]

I've used it on my droid phone, ot works amazing well.

On Mon, May 4, 2020, 11:52 Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

[...]

 How did you get T.G.I.F ?   KD5TJG  put together a way to do this . But I can not understand it .  " navigate to documents blue dv " just sends me to a PA7LIM site .. and I have no idea  how to open HBLink.txt in Notepad , / wordpad ..

Gwen Patton

I have AMBEServer running on a RasPi, with the ThumbDV on a powered hub. I have a daemon loaded to reset my dynamic DNS pointers if my IP address changes. I use this on the go with two devices so far, a Samsung Galaxy 10+ phone, and an Inrico T320 phone with PTT. If I'm at a computer somewhere, I can use the Windows version of BlueDV to connect from anywhere via dynamic DNS. I bounce back and forth as the mood takes me from Brandmeister to TGIF -- Brandmeister seems really snooty and doesn't seem to like people using their network, and pretty much wrecked The Guild by changing their connection rules. But TGIF is awfully sparse on people to talk to a lot of the time. So I spend a lot of my time on DStar instead, where it's very useful. I have a Kenwood TH-D74 handheld, but the local D-Star repeater is at the area EOC, and they don't appear to like it when you link to another reflector. I tried once, and within a couple of minutes it got switched back. So I assume they either have it set to switch REALLY quickly, or an admin on the repeater didn't like that I'd changed it and put it back.

I didn't know that the BlueDV AMBE Android app had a way to handle editing or adding hosts...but I haven't needed it, as I generally just talk on what's already supported. BlueDV is a wonderful contribution to the digital amateur radio community by David, and I have just GALLONS of appreciation for his efforts.

Would I LIKE it if ThumbDV was more "turnkey"? Sure. It'd save me some time and skull-sweat. Same goes for DRAWS. These are hobbyist products, not consumer products.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:54 AM Brent LeFevre <brent.lefevre@...> wrote:
[...]

Click on file explorer on the bar at the bottom of your screen, click on Documents link on the left side.  You will see the BlueDV folder.  Double click that one.  Now you will see your HB file that needs to be edited.  If you press the Windows key and the press the letter R the run box comes up.  Type notepad and then press enter.  You should be able to the click on File and open and navigate to the Documents\BlueDV folder and select the HB file.  Make changes and then click on File, then save as, and type the name of the file per the instructions.  You have now added TGIF to your DMR+ list.