Installation of blueDV 09499 for Windows 7 on ThumbDV 3000???

Douglas F. Enoch <doug.enoch@...>

I have a 2.2 GHz Lap Top;  windows 7; latest blueDV for windows and a new ThumbDV 3000.  After installation:  (1) It transmitted and received ONCE on group 3100 but not transmit the second time but stilled received on 3100?? (2)  Switched to Tac 311and it displayed it but it still was receiving 3100?? (3) switched back to 3100 but Prompt says "negative Lock" and will not lock on any group now??  I am 71; disabled and visually impaired.  If you have a suggestion please let me know.  73,  Doug...KD8YVD  doug.enoch@...

Eric Osterberg

Looks like you have cross posted to more than one list? I have two messages from you already?
Don't care how fast your laptop is or if your ThumbDV is old or new...

OK, so it's helpful to know what master and network you are connected to.

I suspect you misunderstand how PTT or push to talk talk-groups operate?  The first time you transmit, you activate that talk-group but that first transmission is not forwarded to other repeaters (or directly connected clients / hotspots)... The first "transmission" is simply an activation for the talk-group. (Again assuming standard configurations for systems like Brandmeister)... For a period of time (again assuming network and how it's configured) that talk-group is the active talk-group... But it will eventually time out (except when the network treats you as a hot-spot and not a repeater)... Anyhow, this might explain why one transmission works and another appeared to not...  Now, as to switching talk-groups and still hearing 3100... Again understand that PTT on the talk-group is what triggers the network to feed you with talk-group activity. When you "switch" to 310... nothing changes on the network until you PTT to activate the talk-group.
You can PTT on Talk-group 4000 to clear any active talk-groups (again making an assumption that you are talking about a US based BrandMeister master connection.)
I have no idea about any prompt that says "negative lock".

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:01 PM, Douglas F. Enoch <doug.enoch@...> wrote:
I have a 2.2 GHz Lap Top;  windows 7; latest blueDV for windows and a new ThumbDV 3000.  After installation:  (1) It transmitted and received ONCE on group 3100 but not transmit the second time but stilled received on 3100?? (2)  Switched to Tac 311and it displayed it but it still was receiving 3100?? (3) switched back to 3100 but Prompt says "negative Lock" and will not lock on any group now??  I am 71; disabled and visually impaired.  If you have a suggestion please let me know.  73,  Doug...KD8YVD  doug.enoch@...

M6NBP Norman <brightonirish@...>

Hi

3100 is a known issue and has been reported for around 6 months.
This is a master issue and not your hardware or setup.
I would recommend not using the UK master or USA masters and the issue should stop

Also when you move Talk Groups always do a 4000 Group Call disconnect
Set a channel up for 4000 and add 4000 to your contact list as Group Call
When you want to move to a new Talk Group. Turn to channel 4000 and key up. You should get a voice back saying disconnected.
Now go to new TG and Key up.

Hope this helps

Norman

I have a 2.2 GHz Lap Top;  windows 7; latest blueDV for windows and a new ThumbDV 3000.  After installation:  (1) It transmitted and received ONCE on group 3100 but not transmit the second time but stilled received on 3100?? (2)  Switched to Tac 311and it displayed it but it still was receiving 3100?? (3) switched back to 3100 but Prompt says "negative Lock" and will not lock on any group now??  I am 71; disabled and visually impaired.  If you have a suggestion please let me know.  73,  Doug...KD8YVD  doug.enoch@...

Douglas F. Enoch <doug.enoch@...>

Thank you very much for your reply but I do know about PTT activating the selected talk group;  However, I am not using a Repeater or a Hotspot or a Transceiver.  I use the new ThumbDV 3000 in just the USB port in my PC.  The first time the Tx light lit up and a friend heard me Tx but not when I pushed the PTT to transmit again and not just to un-key the transmit.   Yes I do use BM.  Thank you and 73,  Doug…KD8YVD

[...]

Thank you so much for your reply.  However,  I may have mislead you.  I am not using a UK master only a video of set up from UK but I am using a US master.  What should I use?  73, Doug…KD8YVD

I have a 2.2 GHz Lap Top;  windows 7; latest blueDV for windows and a new ThumbDV 3000.  After installation:  (1) It transmitted and received ONCE on group 3100 but not transmit the second time but stilled received on 3100?? (2)  Switched to Tac 311and it displayed it but it still was receiving 3100?? (3) switched back to 3100 but Prompt says "negative Lock" and will not lock on any group now??  I am 71; disabled and visually impaired.  If you have a suggestion please let me know.  73,  Doug...KD8YVD  doug.enoch@...

Eric Osterberg

Understood. And this software and AMBE2 Codec connects with someone's network, (You still didn't say which network) using the HB or home-brew protocol which was designed for repeaters and hotspots.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 6:51 PM, Douglas F. Enoch <doug.enoch@...> wrote:

[...]

Try Canada 3021 master

Norman

Thank you so much for your reply.  However,  I may have mislead you.  I am not using a UK master only a video of set up from UK but I am using a US master.  What should I use?  73, Doug…KD8YVD

I have a 2.2 GHz Lap Top;  windows 7; latest blueDV for windows and a new ThumbDV 3000.  After installation:  (1) It transmitted and received ONCE on group 3100 but not transmit the second time but stilled received on 3100?? (2)  Switched to Tac 311and it displayed it but it still was receiving 3100?? (3) switched back to 3100 but Prompt says "negative Lock" and will not lock on any group now??  I am 71; disabled and visually impaired.  If you have a suggestion please let me know.  73,  Doug...KD8YVD  doug.enoch@...

Douglas F. Enoch <doug.enoch@...>

Norman, thank you very much.  The 4000 command was the problem.  73,  Doug…KD8YVD