Is Buster still in development?

Justin Mann

FOlks,
I’m using Buster, on the latest pre-release of Mac OS, and it works well with voiceover which I’m glad to see. There are a few minor issues that I’d love to bring to the author’s attention, but because i work for Apple, my NDA has a big “You can’t contribute to projects in the app store officially” clause that I certainly don’t want to brake. Is there anyway that someone from within this organization might put me in contact with the author via my callsign Ai5os? All contact information is good on Qrz. I know this is a weird request, yes, I know the normal procedure is to raise an issue on Github, it’s the NDA that prohibits me from doing so.
Again The app is wonderful, and really would allow any blind Mac user the chance to jump on D-star. I’d just like to see a couple of buttons that control the linking, and unlinking of reflectors get labeled, and support for All of the us-trust reflectors, xrf, and xlx reflectors, and this app would be set. I appreciate any help anybody can give.
Thanks,
Justinn-ai5os

Gwen Patton

Reporting bugs isn't contributing as a developer, it's informing the developers that you found something that needs attention.

If they told you otherwise, next time your car makes a funny noise, ask your supervisor if you first need his permission to tell your mechanic about it. I suspect they'll clarify their position to something less stupid.

(Sorry, not an Apple customer, so the Reality Distortion Field has no hold over me. *Grin*)

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, 12:37 AM Justin Mann via groups.io <w9fyi=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

The truth is because I do work with accessibility-related stuff, I do have to be careful, we have a decent group of hams that work for Apple, and one of the things I’d love is to have a
mac-native solution to program some radios, because the mac OS platform does have some native accessibility built right in to the operating system that a dev can take advantage of.  I know how to go through an app, and I know what code needs to be modified to make an app work with voiceover for instance.  Were I to pull the project from github, and then try and modify, and republish the source code, it would go against my NDA… it’s one of the hoops that you pay for for having a job working for a decent company.  I’d love to have the ability to use Android as a blind person, and know that I could pickup any android device and know that the app is accessible, and I hope someday that the operating system gets it.  However, due to Android’s fragmentation, app developers can’t just decide  they’re going to write code in this manner, and voila they have an accessible app.  Because iOS is what it is, you cna publish code using native controls, native calls to APIs, and accessibility, just happens.  That being said I don’t want to get too much in the politics of iOS verses Android in this discussion, but i do appreciate your insight.

On Jun 28, 2021, at 1:08 AM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

[...]

I have forwarded your message to Anna, the developer. She does maintain Buster, but is very busy with her day job.

73,
Bryan K7UDR

On Jun 27, 2021, at 9:37 PM, Justin Mann via groups.io <w9fyi=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Thanks so much… It really is a very nice app, it just works… I know how it goes having a day job… lol.