Topics

issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera

someone else has experienced issues with bluedv and the last update of windows?
ea8ee movil

J G Shaw

Yes – yesterday, BlueDV worked fine for me.  Today, BlueDV for Windows will not start.  Nothing shows up on the screen. 

I found myself wondering if it was do the overnight maintenance update Windows does.  What symptom/issue are you facing?

PS:  WinDV continues to work just fine - I can use WinDV on my PC for DSTAR via WinDV. 

Thus, it appears to me that some unique file or action that BlueDV engages in is being forbidden by Windows.

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:41 AM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [ambe] issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

ea8ee movil

Hi,

The brandmeister server was down today. Everything is fixed now. Server is up and running again.

Greets and 73'

David PA7LIM

On 22 May 2018, at 19:00, J G Shaw <WA6PX@...> wrote:

Yes – yesterday, BlueDV worked fine for me.  Today, BlueDV for Windows will not start.  Nothing shows up on the screen. 

I found myself wondering if it was do the overnight maintenance update Windows does.  What symptom/issue are you facing?

PS:  WinDV continues to work just fine - I can use WinDV on my PC for DSTAR via WinDV. 

Thus, it appears to me that some unique file or action that BlueDV engages in is being forbidden by Windows.

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera

ea8ee movil

J G Shaw

OK, BlueDV for Windows works now.  Looks like BrandMeister.network was the issue.

Thanks for all you do to enable the rest of us to enjoy ham radio.

Jim

WA6PX

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of David PA7LIM
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [ambe] issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

Hi,

The brandmeister server was down today. Everything is fixed now. Server is up and running again.

Greets and 73'

David PA7LIM

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Richard W4JXA

Yes!! I am having trouble also since the last update. Both AMBE and AMBE server for BLUEDV are not working right.

the issue has nothing to do with brandmeister because the program Bluedv does not detect the dongle even though the com driver appears on the system 
the blueDVambeserver detects the ambe and works perfectly everything has happened after the big update of windows 1800 yesterday
ea8ee movil

El mar., 22 may. 2018 18:22, J G Shaw <WA6PX@...> escribió:

OK, BlueDV for Windows works now.  Looks like BrandMeister.network was the issue.

Thanks for all you do to enable the rest of us to enjoy ham radio.

Jim

WA6PX

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of David PA7LIM
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:05 AM

Hi,

Greets and 73'

David PA7LIM

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Guillermo

Everything seems to work here as expected... what isn't working specifically, maybe I can help to replicate it here.

73 de Gui PU2TLU
-- 
May the layers of the ionosphere be with you.
Guillermo (Bill) Cremerius
pu2tlu@...

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 22/05/2018 13:40:52
Cc:

ea8ee movil

Windv continue work nice but bluedv dont work 

ea8ee movil

El mar., 22 may. 2018 18:00, J G Shaw <WA6PX@...> escribió:

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

J G Shaw

Yes, I agree – BlueDV for Windows is not working! 
Unlike before, it now “starts” and displays its screen on my PC.  But it does not allow me to use it.  Clicking the SERIAL button causes a small green light to flash on/off several times in the ThumbDV but then it stops and nothing else happens.  The screen says “Firmware     Not Detected”  It will not let me enable either the DSTAR or the DMR button.

I’ve attached a screen snip of BlueDV showing what I see.

WA6PX

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:35 AM

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Veijo Arponen, OH4VA

Going through the Windows audio settings, expecially the mic and input, cured BlueDV starting problems.

73 Veijo

ti 22. toukokuuta 2018 klo 21.51 J G Shaw <WA6PX@...> kirjoitti:

Unlike before, it now “starts” and displays its screen on my PC.  But it does not allow me to use it.  Clicking the SERIAL button causes a small green light to flash on/off several times in the ThumbDV but then it stops and nothing else happens.  The screen says “Firmware     Not Detected”  It will not let me enable either the DSTAR or the DMR button.

WA6PX

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Hi,

Can you sent me a screenshot of the BlueDV setup screen and a screenshot of the windows device manager where I can see your serial ports?

info@...

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 22/05/2018 om 20:51 schreef J G Shaw:

WA6PX

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

mi0ceo_geo@...

all seems to working here on 31665 dmr 

George mi0ceo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of David PA7LIM <info@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:54:15 PM

Hi,

Can you sent me a screenshot of the BlueDV setup screen and a screenshot of the windows device manager where I can see your serial ports?

info@...

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

WA6PX

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

mi0ceo_geo@...

also working 91 ww no probs

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of David PA7LIM <info@...>
Sent: 22 May 2018 18:54

Hi,

info@...

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

WA6PX

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

J G Shaw

All working now – had to reboot my laptop, then all started working.  Thanks

WA6PX

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:54:15 PM

Hi,

info@...

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

WA6PX

ea8ee movil

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Kevin Hogg

Hi David

I have an anysecu w2 plus / n60 network radio (android v7)

I installed AMBE Bluedv on the N60 and Peanut. They look great!  Dont tell Gus but I prefer it to the CAST.  One problem I have is on AMBEBlueDV I cant get the PTT to map.  Any thoughts on how i can fix this?

Thanks Kev KL4H

Private and Confidential.

On May 22, 2018, at 13:04, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi,

Greets and 73'

David PA7LIM

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

ea8ee movil

Tom Corcoran

Hello Kev,

any luck resolving the PTT mapping issue with AMBEBlueDV?

Tom VE3NY

BlueDV Windows working perfectly here as of Sept 6, 2019 with DStar and DMR

WB5EKU

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM Tom Corcoran <tcorcoran@...> wrote:

Hello Kev,

any luck resolving the PTT mapping issue with AMBEBlueDV?

Tom VE3NY

Spiros Xanthopoulos

I was wondering what is wrong with my computer....BlueDV is not working here also...help needed !!!

73 de sv2evs

Spiros Xanthopoulos

Same problem here, its not working....