Topics

Linking Peanut Server to Fusion Room

Alain Reid

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

Gwen Patton

Is there a reason you're using Peanut, and not the actual BlueDV or BlueDV AMBE clients? I have a simple AMBEServer set up on a Pi 3+, and I can connect to any reflector. With BlueDV Windows, I can even connect to Fusion rooms. You just can't connect to Fusion to transmit with the Android client. But the Windows client works fine on DMR, D-STar, and Fusion. The Android BlueDV works fine for DMR and D-Star.

So why are you messing with Peanut? That's a really limited program. David hasn't made BlueDV AMBE do Fusion, has he made Peanut do Fusion somehow?  Is that why you're using Peanut?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:16 AM Alain Reid <va2spb@...> wrote:

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

kb8zgl

The latest BlueDV beta is working on Fusion with NW Radio AMBE!  Mines over network and vpn even

Mike
Kb8zgl

On May 30, 2020, at 1:07 PM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

[...]

<Peanut_to_Fusion_question.PNG>

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!

Gwen Patton

Mike, are you talking about the ANDROID version of BlueDV? It is called "BlueDV AMBE". That's it's name.

The WINDOWS version was the only one working completely with Fusion last I looked. David even said the Android version may never transmit on Fusion, last I heard.

Peanut is a very restricted version that only ever worked with David's servers that I know of. I'll admit I haven't looked at Peanut recently, but I generally don't need it.

The ThumbDV stuck is an AMBE device, but the NAME of the Windows version that works on Fusion is "BlueDV Windows". "BlueDV AMBE" is the NAME of the Android version that never has had full Fusion support.

Hence my confusion here. I didn't know Peanut worked with any servers but David's, and want aware he made it work with Fusion when the FULL Android version still does not. Peanut is an Android product, so I hope you see why I asked what I did.

On Sat, May 30, 2020, 2:04 PM kb8zgl <wolthuis@...> wrote:
[...]

You know what?

NEVER MIND. Forget I even said anything on this thread. I'm not David's support, I just use his programs. It's possible he's done something arcane with Peanut I don't know about because I don't use it. So maybe David will chime in and answer it, because I can't, and don't want to suck up bandwidth anymore with trying to figure out what people are talking about. I need a dandelion break.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM Gwen Patton via groups.io <ardrhi=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Sorry, no the Windows version.

Mike

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ambe] Linking Peanut Server to Fusion Room

[...]

Yeah, the Windows version works already with ThumbDV on Fusion just great. Just a plain-jane Ambeserver install on a Pi with a dynamic DNS daemon to keep the IP address steady will work great with the Windows version on Fusion anywhere you have Internet. But that's the Windows version. The Android version(s) have never, to my knowledge, EVER transmitted on Fusion. (Some will RECEIVE it with a secret handshake that I don't recall offhand.)

All I'm saying. I'm done. Y'all have a good day now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

The Garage project ( BlueDV AMBE for Android  ) is transmitting on Fusion.

See: https://www.pa7lim.nl/garage

Greets and 73,

    David PA7LIM

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Thank you, David.

I knew you'd updated the Windows version for Fusion, and have been happily using it -- it's FANTASTIC! I didn't know you'd also updated the Android version, which I note was updated on my phone automatically, and seems to be working just fine via my Pi Ambeserver. Thank you again!

Is Peanut working like Alain suggested? Just curious...I'm not using Peanut.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Charles Wiant

I think everyone has missed the point he wants to link peanut to his fusion room. That way users can talk off there peanut app into his fusion room. I suggest message david directly.

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]

Hello Gwen,

You are welcome!

Alain sent me an email and I replied him today. I did not understood if he wanted to connect yaesu wires-x or an YSF reflector. It is not possible for me to connect yaesu wiresx. Yaesu wiresx is a closed network.
I can make a connection with peanut to YSF reflectors. All bugs are gone and is very stable.
There is a Spanish and English test reflector connected for testing.

David

From: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM
To: "ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io" <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

[...]