Topics

Newbie needs some pointers

Thomas Edmonson

I'm in the process of setting up the following and I needs some gaps in my understanding filled.

Here's the high level view:

1.    I have a Raspberry PI 3 with a DV3000.

2.    I loaded the following software:

        A. Compass

        B. IRCDDBGATEWAY

        C. Dummyrepeater

   What I want to do is to be able to VNC into my Raspberry with another PC or MAC and then using the remote device

enter the Dstar network. The Gateway seems to be functioning at some level. I see:

IRCDB = connected

D-PRS= active

Repeater 1 = AG5GY  B Not Linked

Everything seems to be ok until I try to configure Dummy Repeater. When I try to configure it I only get "NONE" as a choice

under the sound-card field.  It then won't let me save the config items I did change because the sound-card is not set

Any suggestions?

Tom,

It took a minute to figure out what you were trying to do.  There is no 2-way soundcard on the Raspberry Pi, unless you add one, e.g. a USB headset or sound FOB.

If you are coming in from another computer, your better choice is to install DummyRepeater on your Windows box or Buster on your Mac, and access the AMBEserver over the network. (No VNC necessary -- if you are going to connect for a disply, you might want to use xrdp with Remote Desktop).

Buster doesn't require ircddb on the Mac, just point it at your Raspberry Pi with AMBEserver running (DV3000 network) https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/AMBEserver-Addendum#Buster-for-MacOS

On Windows, put it at the AMBEserver (DV3000 Network) and point it the Raspberry Pi for ircddbgateway. https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/AMBEserver-Addendum#DummyRepeater-for-Windows-or-Linux

BTW, I will at DCC the next few days, so availability for support will be at a minimum.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 6:23 PM, <tom@...> wrote:

[...]

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Thomas Edmonson

Thanks John..

I was thinking that I needed some type of sound card. I hadn’t thought of splitting dummy repeater from the gateway.

Thanks again.