problems when trying to access the DV3k stick

Adi / DL1HRC

Hi all,

I try to get DV3000u stick working using the manual ans some sample source code from http://www.dvsinc.com/manuals/AMBE-3000_manual.pdf to it. Almost everything is working well like getting Prod-Id with 0x61 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x33 and so on.
But if I send a channel packet to the device, e.g:

0x61 | 0x0,0xE | 0x1 | 0x40,0x1,0x48 | 0xE3,0xB4,0x47,0x54,0xD8,0x6F,0x89,0x40,0x80 | 0x3,0xA0

I always get PKT_READY back from it (0x61 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x39), never any speech packet (type 0x02).  I've tried to change the length, the format and the examples on pages 78/79. No success :/ I'm using the packet mode, no codec. Does anybody have a short working script to check the functionality of my stick?

Thank you in advance,

73s Adi

G4KLX cpp code to talk to the ThumbDV over serial USB
https://github.com/dl5di/OpenDV/blob/master/DummyRepeater/Common/DV3000SerialController.cpp

The same process would work with AMBEserver using UDP sockets.

--

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Adi / DL1HRC

yes John, analyzing this code for weeks and try to access the stick with exactly this pattern. Encoding audio is working, decoding not. From 1000 sample channel frames only one will be decoded. The stick is always responding 0x39 :/

73s Adi

Keep your sample buffer small, remembering that on air protocols are usually 20-30ms per sample.

You might drop G4KLX a note, since I haven't coded encode/decode.