Topics

Promblems with Dv33 Stick from GUUs and Baud 921600 on Linux.

svenjaensch@...

Having big trouble here.
We will change the DV3000 devices to an dv33 stick.
We are running an ambe server from git and make correct install but the stick with newest drivers and implementation was found but ambed dont started.
I know that the stick will run with the complete install from lucs xlx server but we have an xlx server on running on a server im web and currently the dv sticks local and ip and portbinding between ambeserver and xlx-master.
I think the ambe dont support newer dv33 sticks or the baudrate. Any Ideas to run the dv33 stick under ambe server local here.

Under Win the stick runs fine with bluedv for win and dv33 in bluedv and 921600bd in software and in system config for the stick in hardwaremananger.

thanks in advance
regards Sven DO5SPA

Hi Sven,

The dv33 is not a product of NW Digital Radio, so please contact the manufacturer for support.

The invocation of ambeserver@ThumbDV  is exclusive to the ThumbDV™ you must discover what port your AMBE device
 is using (eg ttyUSB0) and modify your startup accordingly.

From the README

Using the included service file, the operating parameters are taken from configuration files located in /etc/opendv. You may edit these files to use a different network port and device file. If you need to create a new configuration, simply copy a configuration file and name it with ambeserver-devicename.conf where devicename is the device file in /dev such as

sudo cp /etc/opendv/ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf /etc/opendv/ambeserver-ttyUSB1.conf

A special device is created by udev for the ThumbDV™ by the file 99-thumbdv.rules as part of this install. When a ThumbDV™ is plugged into a USB port, this rule causes udevd to detect it and create a link between /dev/ThumbDV and the enumerated USB port, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0. If the ThumbDV™ lands on a different USB port such as /dev/ttyUSB2, the link moves to that port.

If for example, the device is at /dev/ttyUSB0 and you have modified /etc/opendv/ambeserver-ttyUSB0.conf
to account for the baud rate.  Then

sudo systemctl disable ambeserver@ThumbDV
sudo systemctl stop ambeserver@ThumbDV
sudo systemctl enable ambeserver@ttyUSB0