Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 and PIDV import error

Michael KD5DFB

When trying to run "python AMBEtest3.py -i /dev/ttyS0"

I am getting the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AMBEtest3.py", line 3, in <module>
    import serial
ImportError: No module named serial

I am trying to setup a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 and PIDV

Michael KD5DFB

After some more researching, I found that I was missing the python-serial. Do not know how that happened.

Now, here is the results from AMBEtest3.py

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/ambeserver-install# python AMBEtest3.py
Setting ...
/dev/ttyAMA0
8
1
False
False
False

Reset
6100010033
Wrote: 5 bytes

Product ID
6100010030
Wrote: 5 bytes

Version
6100010031
Wrote: 5 bytes

Set DSTAR Mode
61000c000a013007634000000000000048
Wrote: 17 bytes

oot@raspberrypi:/home/pi/ambeserver-install# sudo AMBEserver -s 460800 -p 2460 -i /dev/ttyAMA0
AMBEserver: Starting...
AMBEserver: Opened serial port /dev/ttyAMA0 at 460800 bps.
AMBEserver: Couldn't find start byte in serial data
AMBEserver: error receiving response to reset
AMBEserver: Could not initialize the DV3K!