Thumbdv and IC9700

Art N2AJO

New to this site so this may be a dumb question but here it goes. I have a NWDR AMBE thumbdv. Connected to my PC (Win10) and Blue DV installed. I ran the thumbdv test and it is communicating on a com port. I configured BlueDV and started DSTAR. I can receive but can not transmit from my IC9700 which is set for DV operation.

I also have a dvmega on a rpi and that works correctly. You might ask why both - well I bought the Thumbdv last year and am just now seeing what I can use it for.

Any ideas - am I missing something

Hi Art,

Not sure what you are trying to do.  ThumbDV™ and BlueDV are for network connectivity, so I am not sure how the IC-9700 comes into play.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 08:07 Art Olson <olson339@...> wrote:
New to this site so this may be a dumb question but here it goes. I have a NWDR AMBE thumbdv. Connected to my PC (Win10) and Blue DV installed. I ran the thumbdv test and it is communicating on a com port. I configured BlueDV and started DSTAR. I can receive but can not transmit from my IC9700 which is set for DV operation.

I also have a dvmega on a rpi and that works correctly. You might ask why both - well I bought the Thumbdv last year and am just now seeing what I can use it for.

Any ideas - am I missing something

Charles Wiant

The thunb dv lets you you use your microphone off your computer to talk , it will not recieve from radio .

On Apr 25, 2020, at 10:11 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Hi Art,

Not sure what you are trying to do.  ThumbDV™ and BlueDV are for network connectivity, so I am not sure how the IC-9700 comes into play.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 08:07 Art Olson <olson339@...> wrote:
New to this site so this may be a dumb question but here it goes. I have a NWDR AMBE thumbdv. Connected to my PC (Win10) and Blue DV installed. I ran the thumbdv test and it is communicating on a com port. I configured BlueDV and started DSTAR. I can receive but can not transmit from my IC9700 which is set for DV operation.

I also have a dvmega on a rpi and that works correctly. You might ask why both - well I bought the Thumbdv last year and am just now seeing what I can use it for.

Any ideas - am I missing something

Art N2AJO

Charlie, John
Thanks for your feedback