Topics

thumbdv and rasberry pi 2

Jim <g7icd.jim@...>

Edited

Thanks To John D. Haysi have nearly got the thumbdv pi 2 working i must have just one thing wrong will put what i have done with John D. Hays

tomorrow and see if anyone can see were i have gone wrong (I do have it working on win7 ) so must be a config error some were even done the ehco test with -------E and that came back fine

its just this cannot find user G7ICD and the connect to what ever repeater/reflector it says ignoring shows on the log will post more tomorrow as it wa past my bed time

thanks jim

Jim <g7icd.jim@...>

could you please have a look at these snap shots and see were i am going wrong i have puy them on my own site so not to fill up yours

http://g7icd.ddns.net/info/

cheers jim

To link you want to put REF001CL in the UR field. Once linked switch back to CQCQCQ.

On Aug 23, 2016 5:37 AM, "Jim" <g7icd.jim@...> wrote:

could you please have a look at these snap shots and see were i am going wrong i have puy them on my own site so not to fill up yours

http://g7icd.ddns.net/info/

cheers jim

Jim <g7icd.jim@...>

at the moment it is trying REF001CL but it not connected yet but it will to REF035CL And i heard some one shout out on there i will leave it on that link and see if i hear more

Thanks John

I gave you a call there, but you had disconnected. REF001 has a has a habit of going offline from time to time. REF030C is pretty active.

Most reflectors have a dashboard such as ref030.dstargateway.org so you can see who is linked.

On Aug 23, 2016 07:22, "Jim" <g7icd.jim@...> wrote:

at the moment it is trying REF001CL but it not connected yet but it will to REF035CL And i heard some one shout out on there i will leave it on that link and see if i hear more

Thanks John

g7icd <g7icd.jim@...>

ok i have put it on 030 see if i hear anything
it says i have linked
will lsn there

I gave you a call there, but you had disconnected. REF001 has a has a habit of going offline from time to time. REF030C is pretty active.

Most reflectors have a dashboard such as ref030.dstargateway.org so you can see who is linked.

On Aug 23, 2016 07:22, "Jim" <g7icd.jim@...> wrote:

at the moment it is trying REF001CL but it not connected yet but it will to REF035CL And i heard some one shout out on there i will leave it on that link and see if i hear more

Thanks John

Jim <g7icd.jim@...>

Hi All

        i have put a working image that only needs the call sign changing and port opened in router its stored on my private server http://g7icd.ddns.net/info/

hope it helps anyone out as John Hays helped me

cheers jim

Tom Cichowicz

Jim;

    thanks for getting this working ... I'll be playing around with your image in the next few days. I'm downloading it as I type. It appears to be on a slow connection as it's showing 43mins remaining. No worries there as long as it completes I'm good with that.

    I run my Thumb DV on my PC;  Windows 7 - works perfectly with WinDV Node -

 looking forward to testing it on the Pi -I have a spare one at the moment, as I upgraded my DV Mega hotspot to a Pi3.

I'll be sure and followup with my results ...

thanks 73's

Jim <g7icd.jim@...>

i am lsn on ref030c if you need any help as much as i can as i am a novice at Linux but am learning lol

cheers jim

James mcdowall

yes on slow link it on my server in shack as it big file it would take a lot of space on a server
cheers jim
pc i and looking for dummyrepeater for windows so i can network still waiting on the join request on yahoo
pps yes i too can run it on win7 with win dv strange thing is it connects to ref001c on windows but not on dummy repeater ?

    thanks for getting this working ... I'll be playing around with your image in the next few days. I'm downloading it as I type. It appears to be on a slow connection as it's showing 43mins remaining. No worries there as long as it completes I'm good with that.

    I run my Thumb DV on my PC;  Windows 7 - works perfectly with WinDV Node -

 looking forward to testing it on the Pi -I have a spare one at the moment, as I upgraded my DV Mega hotspot to a Pi3.

I'll be sure and followup with my results ...

thanks 73's

Tom Cichowicz

Not sure if it's related but 1C reflector has been VERY problematic these last few days it had dropped link more than 20x yesterday, other operators confirming the troubles.

   My dv mega hotspot reconnects/links automatically, but my winDV node with ThumbDV requires a manual connect.

   Just an FYI

~TomC.

Mobile: (941) 888-4519
Ham:     KM4VIG

Sent by pressing a send button.

On Aug 24, 2016, at 7:40 AM, James mcdowall <james.mcdowall4@...> wrote:

[...]

My next question to the group would be how and what software do i need to get a pc xp or win7 to connect to the pi using dummyrepeateri have the dummy reptaer installed on xp pro at moment

i thought it was the dv3000 network and the network setting i had to change ?

i maybe missing somthing i neede to install on the pi2

cheers jim

You should be able to select NETWORK and the IP address and PORT of your AMBEserver.  No additional software (beyond AMBEserveer) required.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Jim <g7icd.jim@...> wrote:

My next question to the group would be how and what software do i need to get a pc xp or win7 to connect to the pi using dummyrepeateri have the dummy reptaer installed on xp pro at moment

i thought it was the dv3000 network and the network setting i had to change ?

i maybe missing somthing i neede to install on the pi2

cheers jim

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Larry Berkowitz

Yes its dropping the Link internationally as well

--

I will respond to your email when I am Available

Larry Berkowitz

Reflector 20A is also experiencing Issues

Larry w2LGB

[...]

Darren Storer says that the REF001 address should always be referenced by its domain name ref001.dstargateway.org  (which means it may change physical IP address from time to time).

Edit DPlus_Hosts.txt and comment out or replace the old REF001 and replace it.

# DPlus_Hosts.txt
#
# The format of this file is the name of the reflector/gateway followed by its
# IP address.
#

#REF001 192.3.202.54

On Compass Linux the file is located in /usr/share/opendv

You might want to do this for all of the REFxxx reflectors.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Larry Berkowitz <lberk26@...> wrote:
[...]

John,

Is this required for the UDRC as well as I cannot connect to any reflectors now just DCS reflectors

Larry w2LGB