Topics

ThumbDV and WinDV Help

Steve Taylor

I have tried to setup my ThumbDV and WinDV to work on my WIN10 PC.

WinDV shows that it connects but I get no audio.

Under the RF Device part of the WinDV display there is the message "Sound card unable to open 1 as input". I confirmed that the mic and speakers were selected correctly for my PC.

Any help of ideas would be a big help.

THX
Steve
N7BEF

Hi Steve,

WinDV is getting pretty long in the tooth and Fred hasn't released anything new in years.  I would suggest trying BlueDV instead.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io <sltay456=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have tried to setup my ThumbDV and WinDV to work on my WIN10 PC.

WinDV shows that it connects but I get no audio.

Under the RF Device part of the WinDV display there is the message "Sound card unable to open 1 as input". I confirmed that the mic and speakers were selected correctly for my PC.

Any help of ideas would be a big help.

THX
Steve
N7BEF

Steve Taylor

I tried BlueDV and it did not connect at all to my PC.

Steve
N7BEF

On Aug 12, 2019, at 3:32 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

WinDV is getting pretty long in the tooth and Fred hasn't released anything new in years.  I would suggest trying BlueDV instead.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io <sltay456=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have tried to setup my ThumbDV and WinDV to work on my WIN10 PC.

WinDV shows that it connects but I get no audio.

Under the RF Device part of the WinDV display there is the message "Sound card unable to open 1 as input". I confirmed that the mic and speakers were selected correctly for my PC.

Any help of ideas would be a big help.

THX
Steve
N7BEF

VE3MIC

Hi Steve,

Can you verify that your ThumbDV is being recognized by Windows as a USB device?

Here is a video that N5ZNO from AmateurLogic.TV did some months ago about getting BlueDV installed & setup on Windows 10>
https://youtu.be/R48t3S9rNN8?t=938

73 de Mike

I'm not sure what you mean by "did not connect at all ..."?

Does your ThumbDV™ pass the ThumbTest in
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291k3VxJCv0

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:20 PM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io

On Aug 12, 2019, at 3:32 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays> wrote:

Hi Steve,

WinDV is getting pretty long in the tooth and Fred hasn't released anything new in years. I would suggest trying BlueDV instead.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io <sltay456=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have tried to setup my ThumbDV and WinDV to work on my WIN10 PC.

WinDV shows that it connects but I get no audio.

Under the RF Device part of the WinDV display there is the message "Sound card unable to open 1 as input". I confirmed that the mic and speakers were selected correctly for my PC.

Any help of ideas would be a big help.

THX
Steve
N7BEF

Steve Taylor

I gave up on WinDV and downloaded the current beta of BlueDV. It too would not connect.

I deleted that version and downloaded the 09548 version from the archive file. It works perfectly.

Steve N7BEF

I'm glad you got it working.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:17 AM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io