Topics

ThumbDV & BlueDV

joe_word

I am trying to get ThumbDV & BlueDV to work, but it does not seem to "transmit", I can hear conversations, but when I push the space bar is seems to TX but the TX bar does not turn red. Also I can see my call on the screen, but do not see a way to get my name to show up. The Windows 10 mic audio does work. I am primarily a HF operator and know about zero about DMR, Fusion and Dstar.  I do have a DMR ID. I just upgraded from 9570 to 9581, but is the same issue.

Would someone be willing to call me and educate me on how all this works.

Joe  N9VX
joe_word at yahoo dot com

Dave Slotter, W3DJS

Joe,

A little more information is needed if you want to be able to help people help you.

Are you listening and receiving on DMR, DStar or YSF?

What program are you using? BlueDV?

What are your settings in your program?

73,

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

alpha foxtrotsix

Joe,

  What happens when you click on the transmit button on the lower right of your screen? Also it is recommended to use a headset for better transmit audio.

73 de AF6BY

Jeff

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 07:39 joe_word via groups.io <joe_word=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am trying to get ThumbDV & BlueDV to work, but it does not seem to "transmit", I can hear conversations, but when I push the space bar is seems to TX but the TX bar does not turn red. Also I can see my call on the screen, but do not see a way to get my name to show up. The Windows 10 mic audio does work. I am primarily a HF operator and know about zero about DMR, Fusion and Dstar.  I do have a DMR ID. I just upgraded from 9570 to 9581, but is the same issue.

Would someone be willing to call me and educate me on how all this works.

Joe  N9VX
joe_word at yahoo dot com

joe_word

I have TX audio, been talking on Fusion. When someone is talking the Red TX bar lights up in the software, this seems backwards to me. When I "transmit" the Green RX bar lights.

I would like to have phone conversation with someone, who has ThumbDV/BlueDV, to test and set mic levels on DMR and Dstar.

Joe  N9VX

alpha foxtrotsix

You can reverse the colors in the setup

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 10:13 joe_word via groups.io <joe_word=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have TX audio, been talking on Fusion. When someone is talking the Red TX bar lights up in the software, this seems backwards to me. When I "transmit" the Green RX bar lights.

I would like to have phone conversation with someone, who has ThumbDV/BlueDV, to test and set mic levels on DMR and Dstar.

Joe  N9VX

Gwen Patton

I never noticed that color inversion until now! I went into setup and inverted the TX/RX screen and whaddya know! Looks a bit better now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 2:41 PM alpha foxtrotsix <alphafoxtrotsix@...> wrote:
You can reverse the colors in the setup

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 10:13 joe_word via groups.io <joe_word=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have TX audio, been talking on Fusion. When someone is talking the Red TX bar lights up in the software, this seems backwards to me. When I "transmit" the Green RX bar lights.

I would like to have phone conversation with someone, who has ThumbDV/BlueDV, to test and set mic levels on DMR and Dstar.

Joe  N9VX

joe_word

I only have Fusion working at this point. Questions on DMR Brandmeister:

Do I need my DMR ID in both Hotspot and Simple?
What should QRG be set to?
What should Brandmeister password be? It is passw0rd now.

Thanks for any help.

Joe  N9VX