Thumbdv not connecting to Bluedv - showing in device manager #ambe #bluedv

Dan KH6DAN

I wasn't able to connect the Thumbdv to the software. Even though it was showing up in device manager as a USB serial port. Device manager told me in events that the device wasn't through installing. I updated the FTDI drivers and boom.

alpha foxtrotsix

And Boom? So is it connecting or not? Device Manager should tell you a com port ID.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 16:21 <kh6dan@...> wrote:
I wasn't able to connect the Thumbdv to the software. Even though it was showing up in device manager as a USB serial port. Device manager told me in events that the device wasn't through installing. I updated the FTDI drivers and boom.

Dan KH6DAN

Boom as in it's not connecting to the software. The FTDI drivers were apparently outdated. Updated the driver and it connected .

alpha foxtrotsix

So it sounds like you are good now.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 20:49 <kh6dan@...> wrote:
Boom as in it's not connecting to the software. The FTDI drivers were apparently outdated. Updated the driver and it connected .

Dan KH6DAN

Correct. Thanks.