Using Buster with D-star?

Justin Mann

Folks,
I've just started using Buster which is available in the Mac app store, and works with THumb DV, and the Zum AMBE server.  When I check the "about this app" section, I see that it is made by some one affiliated with NW-digital radio.  I really like the app, whoever wrote the app did a grate service by using some apple-standard controls which intern makes it accessible with voiceover, which is Apple's built-in screen-reader for folks who are totally blind to use.  I did want to find out does this app have any xlx, or xrf support?  It does work on the US-trust side of things just fine.  Any help y'all may be able to offer would be grate.
Thanks,
Justin

Ron - KA7RLM

Edited

It does not support XLX or XRF.  I see you are on a Mac platform, so this may not be helpful but there is "BlueDV" for Windows or Linux available that I believe supports XLX. You might be able to run that in a virtual machine.

Good Luck,

Ron
KA7RLM

Justin Mann

I wish I could, because I think that would work really well.  unfortunately sometimes having two screen-readers and a VM don’t play nice.  I’d love to reach out to the author of this app, and see what we could do about adding additional support for other modes.  The app really plays nice with voiceover, and it is nice to easily have the ability to link, and unlink from reflectors etc.
The issue with a VM is that other screen-readers that the operating systems may use don’t really know that they are in a virtual machine, and they try to read what’s on the mac screen, and vice versa, so you the end-user get a whole mess if that makes sense.
Thanks,
Justin

On Jun 14, 2021, at 8:14 AM, Ron - KA7RLM via groups.io <ronmurray@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

It does not support XLX or XRF.  I see you are on a Mac platform, so this may not be helpful but there is "BlueDV" for Windows or Linux available that I believe supports XLX. You might be able to run that in a virtual machine.

Good Luck,

Ron
KA7RLM

Kenny Richards

Ron,

Buster does support XRF and should support XLX reflectors, since they use the same protocol. (i am currently connected to XRF012-A)

The problem is more likely that Buster can't resolve the IP address for the reflector you are trying to connect to on those networks. Anna (the author) put in support for ar-dns.net, which allowed automatic updates as reflector admins moved around, but the ar-dns system went offline.

Thanks
Kenny, KU7M

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 6:14 AM Ron - KA7RLM via groups.io <ronmurray=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

It does not support XLX or XRF.  I see you are on a Mac platform, so this may not be helpful but there is "BlueDV" for Windows or Linux available that I believe supports XLX. You might be able to run that in a virtual machine.

Good Luck,

Ron
KA7RLM

Peter Dahl, WA7FUS

Buster does support xlx and xrf as well as the others.

Peter WA7FUS

On Jun 14, 2021, at 5:03 AM, Justin Mann via groups.io <w9fyi@...> wrote:

Folks,
I've just started using Buster which is available in the Mac app store, and works with THumb DV, and the Zum AMBE server.  When I check the "about this app" section, I see that it is made by some one affiliated with NW-digital radio.  I really like the app, whoever wrote the app did a grate service by using some apple-standard controls which intern makes it accessible with voiceover, which is Apple's built-in screen-reader for folks who are totally blind to use.  I did want to find out does this app have any xlx, or xrf support?  It does work on the US-trust side of things just fine.  Any help y'all may be able to offer would be grate.
Thanks,
Justin

Justin Mann

SO how do I work around this?

On Jun 14, 2021, at 2:28 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

[...]

HI there.  I have a video of the error that I’m experiencing.  Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong here?
The video will show my attempt to link to ref090_d, and then it will show that I’m successfuly linking to ref004_B

The app never returns an error when it does not work, so it’s a little confusing.  If the app does support xrf, and xlx, how do I make that happen.
Thanks,
Justin