Re: compass update

Basil Gunn

Thanks for providing burnimage script from « manufacturing repository ».
I am using the following command to get the last Compass image :

wget http://nwdig.net/downloads/current_beta.zip

When unzipped the image takes around 6 Gb. So the system SD card must be a large one.
Unfortunately I noticed that when plugging a second microSD card simultaneously into one spare USB port, it is not recognized.
Any solution ?
Are you plugging the second microSD card into a USB port on the RPi or
your workstation? What OS is on your workstation? Try df -h before &
after you plug the microSD card in. I don't think I am understanding
what you are doing.

I just tried it on my RPi and the microSD card shows up as device
/dev/sda1 & /dev/sda2

$ df -h
/dev/root 15G 5.0G 9.1G 36% /
devtmpfs 460M 0 460M 0% /dev
tmpfs 464M 0 464M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 464M 13M 452M 3% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 16K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 464M 0 464M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 44M 22M 22M 50% /boot
tmpfs 93M 0 93M 0% /run/user/1000
/dev/sda1 44M 23M 22M 51% /media/pi/boot
/dev/sda2 15G 4.3G 9.6G 31% /media/pi/rootfs

/Basil

73 de Bernard f6bvp

Le 19 mai 2019 à 16:25, Basil Gunn <@basil860> a écrit :

Is there any scrip to perform download of new compass linux distro
version (for example beta 13) and to burn it on a micro SD card
inserted into an USB port via an adapter ?
I have a script I use, burnimage.sh that is in the 'Manufacturing'
repository which is private. I will send that script to you. It assumes
you have already downloaded the image.

You have to manually edit two variables (OUTPUT_DEVICE, IMAGE_VER) at
the top of the script.

Thanks,
Bernard, f6bvp

Join compass@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.