Re: add compass repository to existing raspbian install?

Hi Jon,

It is possible, but much more complex than you indicate, and is not recommended.  If you go ahead, make sure you have a full backup of your SD card.

Are you using this with a UDRC, UDRC-II, or DRAWS™?

Is your current install Stretch?

Here is the current state.

Raspbian Buster has just been released, it has support for the UDRC/DRAWS™ built into the kernel and in a few weeks it will be the standard install, deprecating Compass.  Some people have been going ahead with Buster, and updating it to include the dtoverlay, sensors config, and applications on top of it.  You can follow this thread to learn more.

There are some good notes here.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 10:24 PM Jon Gross <jong@...> wrote:

I have an existing raspbian install that already has a bunch of ham radio stuff configured (chirp/direwolf/pat/APRS etc. along with a bunch of networking configured for my setup), and was curious if I could add compass to it, instead of starting from a new image and re-doing all the setup?

I would assume it's simply adding to my /etc/apt/sources.list and doing an apt-get update, but my googling didn't turn up any docs about it, so I thought I'd check here.

Thanks!

--
jon, KJ7GDX

--