Re: Codec2

"Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...>

At 02:47 AM 5/24/2012, you wrote:
So the main benefit of TDMA is being able to double repeater capacity in one RF slot. That's one antenna, one duplexer, one site rental. Certainly in the UK where we pay commercial rates for tower access and there is no free spectrum, it's a big deal.
True, useful in densely populated areas. Out where I am, where there's fewer repeaters and bigger distances, I'm concerned about the cost of that increased capacity - namely the effect on range, caused by timing limitations (AKA physics - the speed of light!).

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com