UDRC: Yaesu is "good" with D-STAR

ve3mic@...

Hi everyone,

I was excited to hear the announcement about the UDRC project.

As a recent recipient/owner/trustee of a DR-1X System Fusion repeater, I too was thinking of experimenting with linking up to other digital systems such as D-STAR, Allstar, etc. and immediately, a few thoughts came to mind.

1- I wonder what Yaesu would think of this?

2- I also wondered about what the various D-STAR networks would think of this?

Well, I got the answer to the first question. I was very (pleasantly) surprised when at last Sunday's System Fusion forum at the 2015 Dayton Hamvention, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR, from NW Digital Systems took the podium and gave the audience a brief overview of their new UDRC project. I wonder if Icom's position will be similar.

Now for the second question. How welcome would other D-STAR sources of digital voice be on the D-STAR network? (US Trust, D Extra, etc.)

Being new to D-STAR, I haven't got a good handle on how well received (or not) D-STAR via System Fusion would be.

Your comments are welcomed.

73 de Mike