Re: UDRC: Yaesu is "good" with D-STAR

BHaney <kc9gqr@...>

never heard of  QUad net..   details..    details

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Will Wright w4wwm@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Yes,

I will say the Quadnet was always open to other digital bridges It seem no one had an interest. 73

Will / W4WWM
QuadNetet Admin Team

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 14:05 -0400, Matthew Pitts daywalker_blade_2004@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

Mike,

If you combine the UDRC with both ircDDBGateway and SFGateway, an ircDDB based system that I have started working on, and SFReflector, you'll have access to both digital networks from either side. I know there are some groups that are open to mixing modes, and you'll be welcome on those systems that are.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On May 21, 2015 1:03:32 PM EDT, "ve3mic@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was excited to hear the announcement about the UDRC project.

As a recent recipient/owner/trustee of a DR-1X System Fusion repeater, I too was thinking of experimenting with linking up to other digital systems such as D-STAR, Allstar, etc. and immediately, a few thoughts came to mind.

1- I wonder what Yaesu would think of this?

2- I also wondered about what the various D-STAR networks would think of this?

Well, I got the answer to the first question. I was very (pleasantly) surprised when at last Sunday's System Fusion forum at the 2015 Dayton Hamvention, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR, from NW Digital Systems took the podium and gave the audience a brief overview of their new UDRC project. I wonder if Icom's position will be similar.

Now for the second question. How welcome would other D-STAR sources of digital voice be on the D-STAR network? (US Trust, D Extra, etc.)

Being new to D-STAR, I haven't got a good handle on how well received (or not) D-STAR via System Fusion would be.

Your comments are welcomed.

73 de Mike