Re: Pi - Can't Find AMBE Dongle On The Port Specified
"Dan Ozment" <dan@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Just to wrap this up, John found my problem. I had spaces in config.txt around the “=” as in
init_uart_clock = 50000000
John removed the spaces as follows, and I’m in business.
Again, John, thanks for your help and thanks to all who replied with suggestions.
From: UniversalDigitalRadio@... [mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio@...]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Re: Pi - Can't Find AMBE Dongle On The Port Specified
I can look, but since you reinstalled, please review this
1. The DV3000 board is pre-set to run at 230400 baud over the UART interface in “packet mode”. This is the minimum speed for successful operation.
2. Prepare the Raspberry Pi. This consists of (a) increasing the clock to the RPi UART, (b) disabling the getty (to allow terminal login) running on the RPi serial port, and (c) disable the console on the serial port.Halt and remove power from the Raspberry Pi, fit the DV3000 board, reconnect power, and reboot
1. Edit the file /boot/config.txt and add the line:
2. Edit the file /etc/inittab and replace or comment the line:
3. Edit the file /boot/cmdline.txt and replace or comment the line (these lines are wrapped in this article, they should appear as a single line in the file):
You may also want to physically re-seat the DV3000
If that doesn't get it working, email me directly and I'll have a look.