DV3000 Pi Questions

dan@...

Now that I have my DV3000 GPIO board running in my Pi 2 I have a couple more questions.

1) I'm running the software remotely - Dummy Repeater and ircDDBGateway on the PC connected to AMBEserverGPIO on the Pi.  Has anyone considered running ircDDBGateway on the Pi and only running Dummy Repeater Remotely?

2) I have another Pi running pcrepeatercontroller, ircDDBGateway and a DVAP.  If I can put ircDDBGateway on the Pi could I connect the DVAP to it and let the Pi run both the DVAP and DV3000?  I assume I would set the DV3000 up as repeater1 and the DVAP as repeater2.

3) Has anyone tried running the whole thing remotely?  ie, DV3000 Pi at home and Dummy Repeater on the road connecting over the internet...   That would certainly take opening ports on the firewall or using a VPN connection from the remote to home.