Re: Possibilities for this radio?

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:06 PM, demiansims@...
[UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I came across this future phone/radio and I'm wondering how integrated the phone (android) part would be with the DMR radio and what kind of apps could be written.

http://en.runbo.net/productview.php?id=230
I don't know about this one, but the previous generation Runbo was
just independent Android phone and UHF transceiver that happened to be
in the same chassis. There was no internal connection to feed
audio/data from the radio to Android. A missed opportunity.

I don't think we'll see much use for this one in the states. It would
need LTE bands 4 and 13 (Verizon) and 14 (FirstNet) before I would be
interested.

Tom KD7LXL