Re: DV3000 questions

beaupeppybrandypip@...

Good answer John.

I've done some software over the past 2 days for fusion coding/decoding, raw C4FM <> raw audio samples. IT's currently in pure software form, but it's in need of an AMBE+2 chip now. It's been a choice between buying 12 chips from DVSI and doing a basic PCB for them, or using a ThumbDV .. have decided to use a ThumbDV.

Been debating whether to release it as open source or not. Have decided to release it for the benefit of the ham community, especially since Yaesu have been good enough to release the detailed specifications of their C4FM usage.

Just trying to get the permission of a couple of people who's useful routines I've used in the process. Got the go ahead from Phil Karn so no problem there !