Re: Yaesu AMBE chip

beaupeppybrandypip@...

Hi John

The yaesu document the one I'm using is this one (includes the V/D tyoe 2 mode) ..

https://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=8237&FileCatID=263&FileName=Yaesu_Amateur%20Radio%20Digital%20Specs_1V01_EN-GB.pdf&FileContentType=application%2Fpdf

Yes EVERY time I send a packet to the AMBE chip (ANY packet type), I wait for the proper reply, If there is no reply (or a wrong/unexpected one) I stop there and then because it just means an error has occured.
The reply it comes back with to sending it the channel bits (the encoded audio bits extracted from C4FM packets) is the audio PCM samples, and visa versa.

I have noticed a couple of errors (one very bad one) in DVSI's AMBE-3000 PDF file(s), which did throw me for a few minutes.